TPG Community

Get online support

Android connection problem to WIFI (Dynalink RTA1046VW)

seangong01
Level 2

Hi Can you please help me on this?

I am a adsl customer with TPG, today i bought a new HUAWEI android smartphone, however i cann't connect to wifi. Everytime when I am trying to connect to wifi, all of sudden all the light on the router are off and I couldn't connect to wifi at all, however ipone, ipad and computer have no problem to connect to wifi at all, can you please advise what it the reall probem is and how i can fix it please? Thanks Sean

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @seangong01.

If the service is working on other devices, that proves the functionality of your internet. Have you tried restarting your Huawei Smartphone? Have you tried contacting Huawei's Technical support?

If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your account username or customer ID so we can check the status of your connection. Thank you.

seangong01
Level 2

Hi @Riezl,Thanks for your reply, yes this is a brand new phone and i have certainly restarted my huawIei smartphone without suscess, I have tried contacting Huawei's technical support and am still waiting for the reply from them.

However i recalled that previously I bought a sumsamg smartphone a couple of years ago, and it had the same problem with connection problem to my home wifi, however it has no problem on the apple products, this is very weird. I will get back to you if i receive response back from huawei;s technical support.

thanks again 

Sean

Riezl

Hi @seangong01, thanks for getting back to us.

We have received your private message and we have checked the status of your connection. At the moment,  we are not seeing any issues with the network.

Are you using the same modem when you have experienced the same issue with your Samsung Mobile?

If so, there's a big possibility that it could be something to do with the modem and its WI-FI settings.

Is there a way you can borrow a different modem for comparative testing?

JongR

Try to match the Wi-Fi security settings between your Huawei smartphone and your modem (Dynalink RTA1046VW).

First, determine what Wi-Fi security setting your modem uses.

Open your browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.

Enter admin for both the username and password and click on OK.

If you have changed the login credential, please enter the current username and password for your router interface.

Once logged in, click on Wireless in the top menu.

Click on the Security menu on the left.

Now take note of what is selected in the Wireless Security drop down menu.

• If 64-bit/128-bit WEP is selected, then you have to use WEP on your Huawei smartphone when connecting to Wi-Fi.
  • If any of the various WPA/WPA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK/Mixed setting is selected, then then you have to use WPA/WPA2 PSK on your Huawei smartphone when connecting to Wi-Fi.

A mismatch will result in a failed Wi-Fi connection and is probably causing the modem to reboot.

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.