TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot upgrade plans: error E:adsl_comm:thread_exists

SkidsNBNqu
Level 2

I am trying to upgrade my NBN plan from NBN12 to NBN50. Every time I try, it fails with the message:

Unfortunately there was an unexpected error when submitting your registration.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Please contact TPG Customer Service on 13 14 23 for further assistance.
When contacting TPG, please quote this error code: < E:adsl_comm:thread_exists >

I have contacted TPG twice (chat & phone) and it has not been resolved - I was told they had upgraded my plan, but they haven't. From a search of the forum, I can see others have had this problem but there's no documented actual fix intructions. Does anyone have a fix for this?

7 REPLIES 7
KarlB

Hi @SkidsNBNqu 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

SkidsNBNqu
Level 2

Thanks KarlB - message sent.

KarlB

Hi @SkidsNBNqu 

I can see the plan change has been submitted, but it is still not complete. I have requested for our plan change team to investigate and contact you back ASAP with an update.

Regards,

Karl

SkidsNBNqu
Level 2

Thanks KarlB - I am hoping they will be able to do that quickly. We moved to NBN on the promise of better performance over ADSL, with the understanding of the ability to upgrade plans quickly if required. Our internet experience is currently WORSE than ADSL - we urgently need the upgrade. 

Is there a ticket number for this escalation? Happy to  have that PMed to me if so.

KarlB

Replied via PM with ticket number

reginalr
Level 2

Hi I am also getting this issue.. and was also promised better performance by TPG or a quick upgrade. My current NBN12 performance is way worse than what I had on ADSL for cheaper. Happy to pay extra for NBN50, but that does not work either. Can someone at TPG please assist me with this issue also? error E:adsl_comm:thread_exists

SkidsNBNqu
Level 2

Mine finally "healed" after about 4 days and I could change my plan. It appears that you can't immediately change your billing plan after you move from ADSL to NBN - and, the lag is about 4 days. 

TPG do not want to offer a "why"; I had previously posted  on this thread (within community rules) a POV as to why that was, but the post was deleted. So, exactly why the lag is there we are not allowed to know nor hypothesise about.

So for others experiencing this, expect that it'll be about 4 days after a move from ADSL to NBN until you can change your plan. Am hoping this fact/post will be left so it helps others, as this appears to be a recurring issue.