TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2 dropouts and speed issues!

Alirah
Level 3

Hi TPG,

Having some issues on my adsl2+. Keeps dropping out with intermittent dismal speeds.

About 2 or 3 months ago my internet completely dropped out (no connection whatsoever), and it turned out to be a fault with our socket inside the house, which was replaced. Just thought I'd mention that in case it has something to do with the issues now.

I appreciate your help in resolving this issue.

Thank you. Cat Happy

9 REPLIES 9
Alirah
Level 3

Frustrating to see that every other new post has responded to other than mine...

Ahra_G

Hi Alirah

Welcome to the TPG Community! 

We try to manage and respond to as many posts as possible and we apologise for any delay. 

I was able to pull up an account using your TPG Community details and have ran remote tests. There is no evident line fault and the result was inconclusive. 

I will organise a contact to be made from our Support team to complete troubleshooting along with you and determine the underlying cause of the drop outs. 

Could you please PM us with your best contact time & number? 

Thanks! 

Erika

Good day @Alirah

We'd like to make a follow-up regarding your most convenient time to receive a callback from one of our technician to further assist with your internet concern. 

We would appreciate if you'll be at home during the time of call as our technicians would like carry out simple checks with you to eliminate any possible equipment issue.

Cheers, 

Alirah
Level 3

Hi Erika,

Thank you for your response!

I am available tonight, as well as tomorrow afternoon/evening. I am still having the intermittent slow speeds, as well as frequent drop outs so i'd definitely like to get this sorted as soon as I can.

I believe you guys have my mobile number, and that'd be the best number to call me on.

Thanks very much Smiley Happy

BasilDV

Good day @Alirah,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'll notify our Tech team to contact you tonight around 7PM NSW for further investigation.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Hi Alirah,

I understand that our Tech team has been in touch and your connection is under monitoring since the speed of the connection shows well. Further updates will be given by them.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

Alirah
Level 3

Hi again,

Excuse my delay in responding as I have been really unwell, however the problem is still as bad as ever.

Looking through this forum it seems like this is a pretty widespread issue. I am still experiencing drop outs, huge pings (lag spikes making gaming absolutely impossible!) and such slow internet. It really has been an awful experience the last month or so.

Based on what i've read on these forums I do not believe this to be an issue on my end.

Please can you resolve this issue. I feel like i'm paying for a service that's running at 20% capacity :'(

Alirah
Level 3

Hi again,

Excuse my delay in responding as I have been really unwell, however the problem is still as bad as ever.

Looking through this forum it seems like this is a pretty widespread issue. I am still experiencing drop outs, huge pings (lag spikes making gaming absolutely impossible!) and such slow internet. It really has been an awful experience the last month or so.

Based on what i've read on these forums I do not believe this to be an issue on my end.

Please can you resolve this issue. I feel like i'm paying for a service that's running at 20% capacity :'(

EDIT: even trying to post this message the connection reset twice! SO FRUSTRATING!

Erika

Hi @Alirah,

Apologies for the trouble. I’d really like to get to the bottom of this.

I can see from the notes of the techncian before that you were advised to carry out additional testing to isolate this issue. Were you able to send them the result so that I can do necessary follow up for you?