TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v internet connection dropping out

mrjin
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G , sorry for the delay. It just happened again, the linked dropped for over five minutes(started 2019-12-31 18:30:02, restored 2019-12-31 18:35:37). The same syptom: the connection could not be refreshed. I suspect it's something in your end as as ususal, the four lights on the NBN modem were all on stably. Could we have a diag session tomorrow? If that is not possible, we can do it any Sat. Just text me a day in advance. Thanks a lot.

Ahra_G

Thanks for reaching out to us again, @mrjin

We are closed on 01 January 2020, but I can definitely organise a call back to be made from our Technical team on Saturday, 04 January 2020 between 1PM - 2PM for further assistance. 

Should you have further queries or requires assistance, feel free to let me know., 

Cheers! 

Anant
Level 2

All,

I am having the same issue with my TPG NBN. Started on 30th Dec. Can happen at Random manner.

Issue Definitiion : Internet drops erratically at its will. Comes back online after 3 mins - 5 mins

Symptoms :

1.All 4 lights on NBN box are ON. As if nothing has happend. 

2: Internet Light & Phone 1 Lights are off. Sometimes (WAN can be off as well). Network drops 100 %

3. You can recover from this issue by just restarting the NBN box rather than the Modem

4. The issue can also auto recover itself by doing nothing but waiting

5. Whilst waiting, after around 2 mins, the NBN box goes off with blue flashing lights. Comes back on, One light at a time from top to bottom. It seems that it is power cycling itself and gets stable in a min. when it gets stable, a min later. the Internet Light, Phone 1 light (& WAN Light) get back on.

Now, had several interactions with TPG Telephone support and everytime it is gets super escalated to NBN and the response is " Service is stable. No issues found". I sometimes have to pinch myself to reality if I was hallucinating whilst reporting the issue.

Needless to say, the experience with such outages has been very frustrating given i have to reconnect to all sorts of connections that drop off !

BasilDV

Hi @Anant,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the notes of our Engineering team.

They've lodged the case to our wholesale provider (NBN Co) and have tested the line, but they weren't able to detect any fault.

We'll chase this with our Engineering team and have someone to call you within the day to provide further details.

BasilDV

Shane

Hi @Anant,

One of our Engineers tried to contact you yesterday unfortunately no avail. You may contact them directly at 131423 option 2-1. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

mrjin
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G @Shane @BasilDV ,

The issue came back this morning tried to contact via phone but could not get through. And now things got even worse, in the morning the connection dropped about 5 minutes. Now it has been around 20 minutes and cannot get back online again. Note that this time the situation is a little bit different as the NBN modem seems to keep trying to re-init it self. And only the power light is on. Down stream keeps blinking for a few seconds then all off.

BTW, still trying to call the support since I noticed the link was done but till now, still cannot get through.

Ahra_G

Thanks for reaching out to us again, @mrjin

I've not detected any signal as well on our end. Could you please perform a reset on the ARRIS box? Let me know once your're done. 

mrjin
Level 2

Modem reset but it does not seem to help. And obvious there is no one taking the call...

Is your call center available on Sunday?

Ahra_G

Our Helpdesk hotline is open even on weekends. 

HELPDESK hours*

13 14 23 (option 2 + 2)

• Monday - Friday 8am - Midnight
  • Saturday - Sunday 9am - 9pm
  • Public Holidays 9am - 9pm

I have raised the issue now to our Engineering team for assistance and kindly allow them sometime to investigate the issue further. They should be in touch within the next 24hrs for updates. 

-Ahra_G

macsinspace
Level 2

Hi, I am having the same issue. 

It seems to be dropping out and then reconnecting after ~1 minute somewhere between every hour and every few hours.

Any assistance? (Same username)

Thank you!