TPG Community

Get online support

BYO D-Link AC1750 router for NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
stephenwai
Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I am with TPG NBN and got a D-Link AC1750 router. Followed this instruction to set up.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-set-up-your-D-Link-AC1750-Gigabit-BYO-rout...

However, the router status page said the cable was connected. But the internet connection stays on "connecting".

Did I miss anything? Or does TPG need to change some settings on the modem first?

Thanks

Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @stephenwai . Did you get the new router working?

The screen shot says the cable status is Disconnected. Does it now show Connected?

FTTP does not use VLAN ID. In the VLAN tab on Internet setup, is VLAN disabled?

Have you tried your username with @tpg.com.au added on? Your erasure in the username field doesn't seem long enough to hold the whole username.

Go to Management menu, System Log. Click Check System Log to download the system log to a text file on your device. Copy and paste it into your reply.

Just out of interest, in the NF12 screenshots, was there anything following WAN Info relating to VLAN?

Eg., WAN Service page in Advanced setup.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hey, stephenwai.

Can you share us the screenshot of the current modem configuration to check if there is something we can check for the internet to establish.

Regards,

stephenwai
Level 2

Hi Shane,

How can I access the modem? Or do you mean the router? I am currently using the Netcomm NF12 router which is come with TPG.

Screenshot 2022-05-10 225508.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-10 225144.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-10 225210.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-10 225414.jpg

Does this screenshot help to check? Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks

Stephen

BasilDV

Hi @stephenwai

What NBN service do you have? (FTTP/HFC/Fixed Wireless)

Are you under the BYO plan or Bundled with VoIP plan?

The screenshot we are asking is for the D-Link router as that's the one that you want to set up.

stephenwai
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

I have NBN FTTP and bundled with VoIP plan.

Here is a screenshots.

Screenshot 2022-05-11 173034.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-11 173121.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-11 173154.jpg

Thanks

Stephen

david64
Level 15

Hi @stephenwai . Did you get the new router working?

The screen shot says the cable status is Disconnected. Does it now show Connected?

FTTP does not use VLAN ID. In the VLAN tab on Internet setup, is VLAN disabled?

Have you tried your username with @tpg.com.au added on? Your erasure in the username field doesn't seem long enough to hold the whole username.

Go to Management menu, System Log. Click Check System Log to download the system log to a text file on your device. Copy and paste it into your reply.

Just out of interest, in the NF12 screenshots, was there anything following WAN Info relating to VLAN?

Eg., WAN Service page in Advanced setup.

stephenwai
Level 2

Hi David64,

Thank you for your advice. And you are correct, the VLAN was enabled. After disabled the VLAN setting, the internet is connected and is working fine.

FYI, the username format didn't require adding "@tgp.com.au".

A screenshot for your last question, found a setting page related to the VLAN setting on the NF12 router.

Advanced Setup -> WAN Service -> Add

Screenshot 2022-05-12 174732.jpg

Again Thank you to everyone for your help.

Thanks

Stephen