TPG Community

Get online support

Banned from SMTP AUTH

BasilDV

Hi @PAC789

The message that you received means that the system marked your email account as a spam. This will happen for two reasons.

First, if you've sent an unusually many emails over a certain period of time or you have sent an email to an unusually large number of recipients over a certain period of time.

Second, if you are sending emails from a non-Australian IP Address.

If you are not the one who's sending the emails, this can be caused by a virus infection or account compromise. You may scan your computer/device and change your account password to prevent further issues.

You may also check if you are able to send and receive email via TPG Post Office.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

PAC789
Level 2

HI DasilDV, 

Yes you are correct in that I am trying to send aphilipchurch@tpg.com.au.jpg TPG emails from an UK ISP.

Can I get round this?

Many thanks

PAC789
Level 2

I would add that I have changed my TPG log in password and only send a couple of emails a day.

I have also scanned my PC for viruses and is completely free of them.

Would a recent Windows 1909 update be the cause?

BasilDV

Hi @PAC789,

We can't tell if it's because of the Windows 1909 update or the use of a UK ISP (Non-Au IP address) .

Try using TPG Post Office to send out Emails to check if it's affected.

Send me a PM with your TPG email address along with your customer ID number as well.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @PAC789

Our Post Masters managed to resolve the issue and you've confirmed that it is now working.

if you need further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

CJack
Level 2

hi @BasilDV BasilDV,

I have experiencing the same problem - I have been sending an email overseas using VPN and got a banned message from the server.

I have reset the password since yesterday however I still receiving the same error message and cannot send out email via client.

Can you or someone please help to resolve the ban?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Ahra_G

Hi @CJack,

If password reset is already done, I would recommend to send an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au.

Please ensure to use your Customer ID/username as the subject line then state the issue you are having including the troubleshooting you've performed.

It's also better if you can include some screenshots of any error messages you get.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G