TPG Community

Get online support

Can I change an email alias to a slave account?

SOLVED Go to solution
Redshift
Level 2

I have an alias for my primary email that I would like to convert to a slave account.
There doesn't seem to be a method to accomplish this directly and I fear that if I delete the alias and then try to register it as a slave, I risk losing it altogether.
Is there a way to accomplish this? Or can support staff do this for me via an email request?

Cheers for any help you can offer Smiley Happy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Joseph_D

@Redshift for as long as no one else has used that e-mail address in TPG except as an alias then you should be able to make it as a slave e-mail address/account.

Just remove the that username as an alias and register it as a slave e-mail address.

Looking into your e-mail I can see that the alias in question has not been a slave or main e-mail address in TPG.

This link may help https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Accounts-and-Billing/email-slave/m-p/769#M26

Kind regards,

Joseph D

View solution in original post

Redshift
Level 2

Thank you.

That worked, with no problems.

I appreciate the help.

Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Redshift,

Welcome to the community!

I will raise this to our postmaster to check if it is possible to be done manually to avoid losing your both Alias and Slave E-mails.

PM me your Alias Email. In case you need a reference: How to send a Private Message.

Regards

Shane

Hi @Redshift,

Thanks for sending me your details. I will raise to our postmaster and updates will be provided on Monday.

Cheers!

Joseph_D

@Redshift for as long as no one else has used that e-mail address in TPG except as an alias then you should be able to make it as a slave e-mail address/account.

Just remove the that username as an alias and register it as a slave e-mail address.

Looking into your e-mail I can see that the alias in question has not been a slave or main e-mail address in TPG.

This link may help https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Accounts-and-Billing/email-slave/m-p/769#M26

Kind regards,

Joseph D

Redshift
Level 2

Thank you.

That worked, with no problems.

I appreciate the help.

Smiley Happy