TPG Community

Get online support

Changed grom Nbn12 to Nbn50

twt510
Level 2
I was on nbn 12m and did an upgrade to the new nbn 50 last night. I received email from TPG said plan changed done. I use several different speed test programs for the new speed test.Speed test shows no difference for Nbn50 compared to the previous plan Nbn12 on about 10. I did reboot modem for few times.

whats happen tpg? Please advise!
11 REPLIES 11
twt510
Level 2

Someone please help! Almost 24 hours since I upgraded my NBN internet plan from 12 to 50. No matter what setting, software I use to test my internet speed, all results are almost same, download speed is about 10. This is not right TPG,please check and advise.

Thanks.

BasilDV

Hi @twt510,

Thanks for raising this with us.

We tested the line and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

The modem is getting a good speed with 54.44 Mbps Downstream and 22.37 Mbps Upstream. You may refer to our community article:  How to check the connection speed on your NBN FTTN/FTTB service, that will guide you on how to check the sync speed on your modem.

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection? If it's via WiFi, there are factors that can affect the speed due to signal interference. We've created an article that will guide you on how to improve your home network. Refer to this link.

Also, we've created an article that will guide you on how to troubleshoot the slow speed issue. Refer to this link.

Please keep us posted if the issue remains or resolved.

Regards,

BasilDV

twt510
Level 2

H BasilDV,

Thank you for all the information. I did test the internet speed with WIFI and LAN cable, both indicated the same speed. My download speed is vary from 7 to maximum speed around 11. Upload speed is very ok for me. It's runs between 8 to15. I dont know whats the problem, but definetely download speed is cap to 12Mbps. Please investigate and help for this.

Below is the speed test i just performed!

Thanks!

BasilDV

Thank you for the update and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We are working on this case and will provide you with the update once available.

Regards,

BasilDV

twt510
Level 2

Tpg, have you find out what's the download speed cap at 11Mbps yet????? 

Shane

Hi @twt510,

Thanks for the details. We ran an initial test to your service it shows getting with a passing speed on the line. We would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for real-time testing and investigation.

PM us your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!

twt510
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I just send you private message for my contact number. Thank you.

Shane

Thanks, @twt510. Please expect a call tomorrow between 10-12NN AEST. Make sure to keep your mobile phone available for the phone call and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

twt510
Level 2
Ok. Thank you !