TPG Community

Get online support

DSL dropout, Bad customer service

blairathol50
Level 2

I have been having difficulties with NBN connection. It keeps dropping out. It has been happening for last 16 months or so. I have had TPG and NBN technician at my house twice. They were no help too, I would like to know what tests they did and result of it. Also, TPG talks about their engineering team, they just want to ignore the issue instead of looking into it. Worst engineering team I have ever come across for sure. 

Talking about the customer service, I waited more than 20 minutes to be attended, then I asked for supervisor, they tried to get me through engineering team to find out they were not there. In that time they kept me waiting for about 10 minutes. It took them 10 minutes to find out there were no engineers? 

Again, I told the customer service guy, "Sir I told you I wanted to talk to your supervisor". They dont reply to you, its like they have their own thing to say, never answers your question. He actually said their is no supervisor. But when I asked him how are you working without a supervisor. He said, "she is already on call and busy". I told him I am happy to wait. First thing I told the technician, "I want to talk to your supervisor because you can not help me". 

I was waiting againg after that, I thought he was gonna connect me to them, after they kept me waiting for another 20 minutes, they simply hang up.

I would not call it customer service. They just ignored without even giving a reason. I was on call for 50 minutes, waiting for about 45 minutes or more. Actual talk time was less then 5 minutes. If this is your customer service, its bad. 
About my issue now again, how come TPG is unable to tell me what is wrong with my internet? What is causing those dropouts?
Time of call: Australian Central Daylight Time, GMT+10:30

Customer ID: xxxxxxx

5 REPLIES 5
schwarzenholz
Level 2

Same experience. My Indian actually pretended not to be able to hear me and dropped the call. This is what happens when you fully offshore and don't instigate any quality control or accountability of these so-called 'technicians'. Next step is they will all get replaced by AI and then we will have a friendly Siri voice telling us to reboot our routers. If a provider actually came along with decedent onshore service I would switch in a second.

Riezl

Hi @blairathol50, we're sorry to know about this experience and we apologise for the trouble this issue is causing you.

We'll be reviewing your previous interaction of our staff as part of our ongoing effort to provide the best possible customer service and we'll be taking care of the matter internally.

We have located the account using the details you have provided. We have made a follow up with our Engineering Team and one of our senior case engineers will contact you to discuss the status of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @schwarzenholz, we have also received your post on other thread and we have likewise replied to it.

It would be best for us to work on one thread to avoid redundancy and confusion.

We'll be providing further updates regarding your concern here:https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/NBN100-FTTB-Dropping-and-lt-2Mbs-when-connected/m...

Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @blairathol50, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed the progression of the case.

As per checking, the issue has been lodged to NBN Co. who has booked technician to investigate further and the schedule was provided via SMS.

Our Engineering Team is closely monitoring this and the case engineer will be in touch as soon as a new update becomes available.

Should you have further queries, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

Rica_R

Hi @blairathol50,

Hope this message finds you well.

We're glad to hear that the service has been restored. NBN Technician alreday attended the service and connection has been restored. Further more our Engineers has been in touch to discuss the details of the visit. 

If you do have any outstanding issues feel free to send us message and we would be more than happy to help.