TPG Community

Get online support

Delays in connecting some premises to the nbn™ HFC network

Ahra_G

HI @elizabeths

Installation of NBN services can generally take 10 working days however as advised on the above post, the delay was due to the shortage of the equipment required for the NBN HFC connection. 

Based on the recent update seen on your account, a Case Manager has been in touch via SMS. You may respond to the SMS for direct assistance from our Provisioning team. 

A Case Manager will continue to monitor the status of the installation and will provide updates as soon as it becomes available. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Shane

Hi @Krystallin21 ,

Our NBN Provisioning Team is working around the clock to ensure the first appointment available. Our Team will be proactive for updating our customers who may be affected by delays. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

@Krystallin21 wrote:
I'm in the same situation, scheduled for the 18th of March, hope there's something TPG can do to get those affected some internet until NBN can supply the boxes. Good luck with it though.

Shane

Hi @yetanothertim ,

We raise this to our NBN Provisioning Team to keep an eye on the scheduled appointment to complete the installation, expect updates from one of one of our Provisioning Case Manager when it becomes available using the contact details that we have on file.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

@yetanothertim wrote:
I’m in a similar situation to Daniel except a technician is scheduled for 3rd of March. If there are going to be further delays I would like to find out what alternative internet service we could get in the mean time. E.g. ADSL 2 connection or wifi. Any connection is better than no connection for a couple of months.

WilliamD
Level 2

I am scheduled to have hfc box installed on 30/03/21. Is there any other options, such as ADSL? I am working at home and really need a network.

Shane

Hi @WilliamD ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we're able to locate the account using your community details. We will raise this to our Provisioning Team to check for alternative option expect them to contact you withn 24-48hrs using the contact number that we have on file. 

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@WilliamD wrote:

I am scheduled to have hfc box installed on 30/03/21. Is there any other options, such as ADSL? I am working at home and really need a network.

Kanchan
Level 2
It says my installation date is 30th March. During the purchase that customer service girl did not say anything about this and assured the connection activation within 10 days. Whats the point of paying for two months without the connection? Also how can i do my office work now ?
Can you please refund? As i need internet for my work and this is unethical to keep a customer waiting for a company s fault. I need internet urgently for my work. This is ridiculous
Riezl

Hi @Kanchan, we understand how this can be inconvenient and we apologise for trouble this is causing you.

Please be advised that TPG is a prepaid service; your initial payment is comprised of an installation fee and your 1st month fee. 

The initial billing cycle commences when your install is complete. Having said that, your initial billing cycle hasn't started yet.

Due to unexpected Global NBN Equipment shortage, the install date provided to us by our wholesale partner NBN Co., is currently the earliest. Our Provisioning Team tried to contact you to discuss the matter, but to no avail. 

For more details, kindly visit this link : https://www.nbnco.com.au/utility/delays-connecting-to-hfc-network?fbclid=IwAR31qJNlUdOsn_cvEHDEPMjIz...

roxymatt
Level 2
Our activation is scheduled for 26th March 2021. I would also like to know what the alternative will be in the meantime. I also work from home and have children starting school who require access to the Internet for assessments. Does my ADSL connection continue until then?
Riezl

Hi @roxymatt, we understand the need for a working service. Please note that your ADSL service will remain active until the NBN service is installed and activated. 

roxymatt
Level 2
Fantastic, thank you.