TPG Community

Get online support

Delays in connecting some premises to the nbn™ HFC network

Ahra_G

Hi @MickJohnson

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

We have sent you a private message and is awaiting response.

Regards,

Ahra_G

rcchen
Level 2

I am absolutely angry and frustrated by the service TPG has given me. I was told by customer service that when I move to my new location, they will ship the new NBN HFC modem to me and all I have to do is connect it myself. Now on the day I expect this to arrive, the modem doesn't arrive and after checking with the technical support, I have to rebook a NBN technician to come over and install it! And worse I have to wait 9 days. This is not acceptable TPG! this screw up is going to cost me valuable time working from home during lockdown. An apology is not enough!

BasilDV

Hi @rcchen

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the notes.

We've raised this further for investigation and identify if the NBN technician visit is necessary or a self installation kit can be provided if available.

We'll provide you with the updates once available.

BasilDV

Steppie
Level 2
I have had 3 reschedules and now am told another month for NBN to install the overhead cable and box. I paid for the Recife in April. This is unacceptable and I intend complaining to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. You should refund me.
Riezl

Hi @Steppie , we are sorry to know that you are having issues with the service installation and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. We'd like to take a look at your account to better understand what happened and help fast track the resolution.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

GabT
Level 2

I've signed up for NBN to be connected to my new residence in March 2021. It is now near end of July and I still have not heard back from TPG. This is unacceptable. This 4 months plus wait is definitely too slow, I might as well be better off with 5G.

BasilDV

Hi @GabT

Welcome to the Community!

Due to the pandemic, NBN Co is still experiencing shortage with the necessary equipment needed to complete the installation of the NBN HFC technology.

We'd like to check further your order for us to provide updates with the progress.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV