TPG Community

Get online support

Delays in connecting some premises to the nbn™ HFC network

BasilDV

Hi @ashleygoodall01

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the account.

It shows that your service installation was affected by an External Network Shortfall.

What is it?

Additional work within the NBN network is required to complete your installation. This work can sometimes be complex and requires technician with specific skill set or equipment working across multiple days.

The most common reasons for this shortfall is the Lead-In Conduit (LIC) which is the underground path where the fibre runs along is damaged, blocked or doesn’t exist.

This additional work is required by NBN and would apply for all Internet Service Providers. There is no cost to you as NBN will be completing the work.

We understand that you've decided to terminate your service.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

MickJohnson
Level 2
Would be nice if that info was passed along to the customer as soon as it becomes apparent. How hard can that be?
BasilDV

Hi @MickJohnson

Did you place the order online or through our Sales experts?

If online, it is posted on our website. Check it here and here.

Our experts will provide you all of the information based on the plan that you'll choose.

Let me know if you still in need of a modem/router for us to help you process the order.

BasilDV

MickJohnson
Level 2

No I was referring to the customer above who had unexplained delays with her installation but tried multiple times to ask for updates but failed, while the tech support people here managed to gather the info quite easily and pass it along to her.

MarkandRach
Level 2
Hi there,

It’s pretty disappointing that no where in the sign up process with TPG was I alerted to this potential delay.

I cannot wait weeks to months for internet to be connected. Can you please have someone tell me if this is going to effect my address and if so, I will need to cancel my order.

Thank you!
BasilDV

Hi @MarkandRach

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and learned that your address is under the NBN FTTN technology.

With this type of technology, you are not affected by this issue.

Further updates with your NBN order will be provided via Email or phone call notification.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

MarkandRach
Level 2
Thank you for replying!

Do you have an anticipated set up date?
Shane

Hi,

Installation of NBN service generally takes less than 10 business days but can take longer in some cases, depending on the demand of NBN services in your area and the availability of the NBN technician to perform the installation.

You will be sent an email notification confirming the installation date and timeframe.

Regards,

Thank you for replying!

Do you have an anticipated set up date?
MarkandRach
Level 2
I have been advised my NBN has been switched on, but not sure where our modem is? We ordered one.. but have received no notification of it being sent?
BasilDV

Hi MarkandRach

Thanks for getting back.

The modem/router order is still in progress as the payment was received yesterday.

Further updates will be provided via Email notification once available.

BasilDV