TPG Community

Get online support

Delays in connecting some premises to the nbn™ HFC network

Niki-T
Level 2
I signed up last week and was told connection was to occur within 10 business days. I was notified yesterday my installation is scheduled for March! This is over 5 weeks away. This is unsatisfactory particulary as i need to work from home and have 2 highschool children commencing school term. Surely TPG must be able to provide some type of internet service, in this day and age. How about a sim card with data so we can use our phone to hot spot? Something is better than nothing.... We are required to pay in advance and waive our customer service entitlement....surely TPG can do better than just blame another third pary......
jordany
Level 2
I’m in a similar situation to those above, with my appointment scheduled for early March. My partner and I desperately need internet for the next month and a half as we both work and study from home. We’re out of data on both our mobile plans. Would greatly appreciate if TPG could offer some short-term internet solution. Any help would be appreciated!
ehsansemsar
Level 2

My NBN installation is scheduled for 11th March. I made a request on 11th Jan. Two months without internet and working from home? I had a chat with TPG support and he said we're not offering anything other than NBN in the meanwhile. Why? How do we supposed to work from home? 

Joseph_D

@Niki-T 

I'm sorry to read of the delay. I agree that we should do better on getting you a working service and we are working closely with NBN to resolve this asap.

@jordany @Niki-T @ehsansemsar 

Out of curiosity, did you all recently relocated to your currently location? The reason for my question is that if you have an existing ADSL/Broadband service, they should not be disconnected by their providers until NBN confirms that their are done with their install.

BTW my colleagues will be sending you a PM here in community to confirm your account details. This is so we can personally check the progress of the installation and provide further assistance.

Kind regards,
Joseph D

3winstoncrt
Level 2

Hi TPG,

This is my current situation, my appointment is on 18 of March and I'm currently working from home and I have no home internet.

My mobile data is getting expensive...

I thought this would be a smooth change over from Optus to TPG again I stand corrected Smiley Sad

I first contacted TPG they said there's a shortage of equipment but I just spoke to a case manager in fact you have a shortage of technician.

So which one is it? shortage of nbn box or technician???

Please advise

Shane

Hi @yetanothertim ,

Welcome to the community!

I sent you a private message. Please check your inbox, I will wait for your response.

Cheers!

crookest
Level 2

Hi Joseph, I am in a similar situation with a "Move my service" to a new home which I am now in. NBN technician not available until mid March and thus I am without internet for 2 months. I Understand the situation... my question is if I am still going to be charged for the 2 months where I have no active connection given that I am still on a plan or will my payments halt for 2 months whilst I await setup? 

Riezl

Hi @crookest, in order for us to process the relocation of your service, your account must remain active. Though you will continue to be charged for the current plan, we'd like to see what we can do about this.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer  ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern. To send a PM , please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

We will wait for your PM. Thank you. 

Bradleyrees
Level 2

My NBN installation is scheduled for the  23-03-2021. I have been informed that my ADSL cut-off will be on the 12-02-2021. Due to Uni commitments it is essential that I have a viable internet connection. Will my ADSL connection be extended or are there any other alternatives available?

Thanks.

Shane

Hi @Bradleyrees,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd love to help see the progress of the NBN installation also check if the current ADSL will be extended. Please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

My NBN installation is scheduled for the  23-03-2021. I have been informed that my ADSL cut-off will be on the 12-02-2021. Due to Uni commitments it is essential that I have a viable internet connection. Will my ADSL connection be extended or are there any other alternatives available?

Thanks.