TPG Community

Get online support

Download not completing

yedrupmt
Level 2

When I download a movie or a file the download slows dramatically before completion and then stops which means the file doesn't completely download and I cannot open or watch the movie. Is there something wrong with my setting because until the end the download is at a very good speed, it is just at the very end with a few hundred Kb that it slows and stops.

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @yedrupmt ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We would like to know the following details.

• Website used
  • Device(s) used / Affected device(s)
  • The troubleshooting(s) that was done

Note:  We do not restrict torrent services except for those which we are required to block by law due to copyright infringement.

Cheers!

yedrupmt
Level 2

Hi Shane

The site used is Rapidgator.

The device is my main PC.

The repediation I have undertaken is to clear cache, clear downloads, shut down and restart the computer, shut down and restart the modum, go to an earlier backup on my PC and also just reset the modum.

It affects the avi files in that it will download to about 95% and then the download slows until it stops, then after about 2 minutes it will finally download the last 5% but there must be some missing bits because the file cannot be used in viewers or if it is a rar file it cannot be unpacked.

I have tried on an number of classic movie sites and booksites but same.

It was fine and I wasn't experiencing any problems until last saturday.

Shane

Hi @yedrupmt,

Thanks for the additional details. We ran an initial test to the service and found no line fault. Have you tried to use a different device?

Cheers!

yedrupmt
Level 2

Thank you, I don't have any other devices to test on.

Shane

You're welcome @yedrupmt. You may also contact Rapidshare support to check if it is a known issue.

Cheers!