TPG Community

Get online support

Drop outs NBN HFC Kew

proudy87
Level 2
Hi, been getting dropouts once or twice a day in the Kew area for the last few days, wondering if there is an area outage that has yet to be reported or it's just me. Foxtel still working fine. On and DS lights on, US light flashing, Online light off. Getting kind of annoying.
10 REPLIES 10
Ahra_G

Hi @proudy87

Welcome to Community! 

We have experienced an unplanned outage today which affected both our phone and internet services but our Network Engineers have immediately engaged and resolved the issue.

I've since ran a remote test on your line and it appears that your internet is up and running for a couple of hours now which is an indication of a stable connection. 

As for the drop outs, were you able to check if the drop outs happened while you were connected via Wi-Fi? Is it possible for you to test your connection via LAN/Ethernet cable? 

jyehainsworth81
Level 2

I've been having the same issues in Kew but constant drop outs of my NBN.

Can you please provide an explanation?

Riezl

Hi @jyehainsworth81 , we'd like to take a look at your account to better understand what happened. Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

jyehainsworth81
Level 2

Thanks I have sent a PM.

rabznfabz
Level 2

Sorry to hijack. I have been having very similar issues in Epping NSW. Also on HFC.

I'm getting about 10-15 dropouts a day. Making working from home and video calls incredibly difficult

Shane

Hi @rabznfabz,

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the service. I ran an initial test to the connection it shows a line fault possibly causing dropouts on the service, this has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further handling and investigation. Expect an update within 24-48hrs via SMS or Phone call, we apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards, 

Sorry to hijack. I have been having very similar issues in Epping NSW. Also on HFC.

I'm getting about 10-15 dropouts a day. Making working from home and video calls incredibly difficult

rabznfabz
Level 2
Thanks Shane. Appreciate the quick action and response
Shane

You're welcome, @rabznfabz. Let us know how it will go. Cheers! 

paulfriebel
Level 2

I've been having the same issues in Kew.

geometry dash