Dropouts ('all lights on nobody home' for both modem and router)
+ wed 11-March 1230 1253 1255 1300 1321 (out for 20 minutes)
- NBN calling perhaps! ... thanks for the sms or call guys (eye roll emoji)
Hey Gary, Welcome to da community!
We're a tech company and we got no clue as to what is happening on our networks ... we do but hell we don't want our customers to know that! Better to be re-active than pro-active ....
You have received a private message in the TPG Community community.
Subject: In response to your post - Dropouts 4217 past month
Date: 04-03-2020 11:03 PM
In additional response to your post located here, https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Dropouts-4217-past-month/m-p/47519#M18652.
We ran an initial test to the service we've seen that it is connected for 9h 8m with a minimal dropouts detected, however we also noticed a possible line fault. We'd like to have one of our Technicians contact you for real-time test and investigation.
Please reply to this message with your best contact number and preferred time.
+ I replied with anytime after 9am as I work from home
+ 3 dropouts today before 1pm
- note drops started 1-2 months ago, obviously sometimes the network is down but noticed increasingly all lights on as normal on both modem and router but drop out occurred
+ I do understand there will be the issue of NBN ping pong
- how the hell could OZ folks vote in successive governments that used major infrastructure as a political football
+ my original coax installed 2002 so could be at fault
- wonder if the tech will replace with fibre from my modem to the street
There are different caused of dropouts that you may experience.
In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection we did an article that you may find helpful see links below.
We have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage
+ call from TPG support
- validated serial numbers and mac of both router and modem, both supplied by TPG when installed last year
- reset of router, 10 seconds, actually turned off router, hit reset again and powered up
- note no changes to routers internal settings, everything is as is the day installed by TPG NBN techs
> TPG support taking things from here, 1-2 days will receive further call of outcomes etc
+ reminder text yesterday (screenshot 2020-03-09_0902.png)
+ third party (not tpg nor nbn) tech came 8am
- replaced end component at house junction outside
- snipped and replaced coax end at street
> tested line and confirmed all good from street to modem
> said that NBN will come and check street cables within the next 1-2 days
+ I did speed check and results slightly improved or normal ie no degredation (screenshot2020-03-09_0904.png )
+ Text message from TPG Tech Ops just now
TPG: Our tests show your service is now working. Fault ticket 10324592 is now closed and any technician appointment cancelled. If issue persists, pls reply.
> and true no drop out for the last 24 hours, see how things go