TPG Community

Get online support

Dropouts and slow speed

cindyzhou
Level 2
Constant dropping outs. It is to a point that I am considering changing a internet provider. TPG, please look after your loyal customer and send some help.
18 REPLIES 18
Shane

Hi @cindyzhou ,

Thanks for raising this to us. 

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and further assist you.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Shane

Hi @cindyzhou,

Thanks for sending me additional details, I ran an initial test to the service it shows connected for 1d 12h 24m, no drop outs were reported. We'd like to confirm what devices are affected with the issue.

Regards,

Constant dropping outs. It is to a point that I am considering changing a internet provider. TPG, please look after your loyal customer and send some help.
cindyzhou
Level 2
Instead of creating a new thread I just reply to this: since yesterday there are constant dropouts, please help.
Shane

Confirm your best contact time tomorrow, we'll have our Technical Team to contact you to perform real-time test and investigation. 

Instead of creating a new thread I just reply to this: since yesterday there are constant dropouts, please help.
cindyzhou
Level 2
All day tomorrow but prefer morning time, thank you.
Shane

Hey, cindyzhou

The issue affecting the service has been raised to our Engineering Team for further assessment and investigation. Expect an update via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

All day tomorrow but prefer morning time, thank you.
cindyzhou
Level 2
Just missed the call. Please call me after 8am any day.
BasilDV

Hi @cindyzhou

This has been raised with our Engineering team and an NBN technician has been booked to check your service.

Updates will be provided by your assigned Engineer once available.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

cindyzhou
Level 2
Technician came, tested a few things. Said it is caused by the heavy rain and could not do anything but wait till the weather improves. Now tonight it is getting worse, the second light on the nbn box turned red kept flashing and has this ticking sound. This is not acceptable. Please send more help as I am working from home tomorrow.