Email

SOLVED Go to solution
annrad
Level 2

I have recently purchased a new iPad and have had significant difficulty with my email settings. I receive them through my Tpg account, but cannot reply. I cannot receive emails through my icloud email, but can send an email. It is very confusing, hope someone can help. Despite technical support it is not resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC

Hi annrad,

I have attached the TPG generic email settings as well as a guide on how to setup email on your IPAD.

Might be a good idea to make sure your outgoing mail server is tpg one listed bellow and that the password is correct.

You should also check to make sure that you can send an email from loging into your TPG email account at https://tpg.com.au/home/postoffice

TPG Email Settings

TPG Email Settings
Incoming Mail Server (POP3 or IMAP)   mail.tpg.com.au   110 (POP3) 143 (IMAP)
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)   mail.tpg.com.au   25
Email Address   TPGusername@tpg.com.au    
Email Username   Your TPG Username    
Email Password   Your TPG Password    

Set up an email account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Choose your account

1. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
  2. If you see your email provider, tap it to add your account automatically. If you don't see your email provider, tap Other to add your account manually.

Set up an account automatically

After you choose your email provider, follow these steps:

1. Enter your email address and password.
  2. Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account. 
  3. Choose the content you want to sync. Tap Save.

Set up an account manually

Make sure that you know your email settings. These are listed above in the table.

1. Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
  2. Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
  3. Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.

If Mail can't find your email settings, you need to enter them manually. After you enter your email address and password, tap Next, then follow these steps:

1. Choose POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider.
  2. Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. (Found above under TPG email settings)

3. If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish. If the email settings are incorrect, you'll be asked to edit them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KarenC

Hi annrad,

I have attached the TPG generic email settings as well as a guide on how to setup email on your IPAD.

Might be a good idea to make sure your outgoing mail server is tpg one listed bellow and that the password is correct.

You should also check to make sure that you can send an email from loging into your TPG email account at https://tpg.com.au/home/postoffice

TPG Email Settings

TPG Email Settings
Incoming Mail Server (POP3 or IMAP)   mail.tpg.com.au   110 (POP3) 143 (IMAP)
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)   mail.tpg.com.au   25
Email Address   TPGusername@tpg.com.au    
Email Username   Your TPG Username    
Email Password   Your TPG Password    

Set up an email account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Choose your account

1. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
  2. If you see your email provider, tap it to add your account automatically. If you don't see your email provider, tap Other to add your account manually.

Set up an account automatically

After you choose your email provider, follow these steps:

1. Enter your email address and password.
  2. Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account. 
  3. Choose the content you want to sync. Tap Save.

Set up an account manually

Make sure that you know your email settings. These are listed above in the table.

1. Tap Add Account, tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account.
  2. Enter your name, email address, password, and a description for your account.
  3. Tap Next. Mail will try to find the email settings and finish your account setup. If Mail finds your email settings, tap Done to complete your account setup.

If Mail can't find your email settings, you need to enter them manually. After you enter your email address and password, tap Next, then follow these steps:

1. Choose POP for your new account. If you aren’t sure which one to choose, contact your email provider.
  2. Enter the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server. (Found above under TPG email settings)

3. If your email settings are correct, tap Save to finish. If the email settings are incorrect, you'll be asked to edit them.
jackzag
Level 2

Hi Karen C,

I have tried to follow the instructions as shown but, when I enter all of the information into my new Spark app (recommended by the AGE technology writer) I get the following error message whether I use 110 or 143 for the incoming mail server.

"Error - A stable connection to the server could not be established." I am using an iPhone 6 with the latest iOS v12.4.4. Any ideas?

Jack

Shane

Hi @jackzag,

Welcome to the community!

We have an existing Thread in regards with Spark Email App. It seems that TPG Email will not work using the Application. You may visit this link for more details.

email settings not working to add into spark....

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!