TPG Community

Get online support

Extremely slow or non-existent ADSL2+ connection

Momaomaoah1
Level 2
I have been connected at my new place since June 2018, and I’ve used TPG at my old place for the last 5 years. I have never experienced such horrible internet connection, it keeps on either dropping out, or not connecting at all. I’m not even trying to stream anything on any devices, all I’m trying to do is do work at home and I can’t even connect to Outlook. I checked my wifi speed via my phone please see attached. It is extremely frustrating when I’m trying to do work outside of work hours, and would really like some reliable internet I can count on so I can do my work properly. Please help!
2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @Momaomaoah1,

Welcome to the community!

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the Wireless slow speeds you are currently facing with your connection.

I was able to locate your account using your community details and ran initial tests on your connection.

Test result shows your service is getting a passing speed on the line and connected for 22h 52m.

We have an existing article that will guide you on how to improve your wireless connection available here.

Tell me how it will go.

Cheers!

Joseph_D

@Momaomaoah1 did you try the suggestions @Shane provided above? Your modem is currently getting 13.368 Mbps for the downstream, the current session is stable for more than 38 hours. Though it is not common practice I personally switch my modem off when I'm out of the house. It gives the electronic device a bit of a rest and refreshes the connection.

Cheers,

Joseph D