TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB Sydney NSW Packetloss

Shane

We'll keep an eye on this. Let us know how the test will go. Smiley Happy

@Shane 

Thanks. As the issue seems to be perioidc hopefully they can find something from the testing.

During these times, the speed itself isn't affected.

Thanks

tlai
Level 3

Thanks I now have a ticket number #10663022 and had 2 calls from TPG so far.

I have provided the engineer results of the tracert and ping test as requested.

It seems like the problem is getting worse because I get packetloss at all times now to TPG - at least once every 2 minutes. Hopefully they can find the issue.

Thanks

tlai
Level 3

20/7/20 quick update.

Something must have happened between 1am to 11am this morning beecause it seemed to have cleared up for now and looks okay in the last hour (compared to yesterday where there's packloss every 2mins).PingPingTPG just rang me and said they didn't make any changes and will call back and see if the issue comes back by tomorrow.

Thanks

tlai
Level 3

26/7 update.

After almost 1 week of no issues, I was afraid of it being back, as TPG didn't actually make any changes. Well it's back again, and it is raining.

26.7.PNG

BasilDV

Hi @tlai

We've raised the case to our Engineers for further investigation.

Please send the Tracert and ping test result to them.

BasilDV

tlai
Level 3

Thanks I will send them the ping /tracert results.

It is strange as between 2:10 pm and 3:50pm it was quite bad (with 2 disconnections) as indicated by the graph.

But since then it has stabilised.

26.7 tpg to 7pm.PNG

tlai
Level 3

Was okay for 2 days.

And back again from 5:40pm onwards. I have been replying to the sms whenver it happens as you need to run the tests when it happens, but it only seems to be periodically monitored.

29.7.20.PNG

Ahra_G

Hi @tlai

I've managed to run a remote test and have not detected any line fault at the moment. Modem also showed connected for more than a day indicating a stable connection.

May I know the exact issue you are experiencing at the moment? 

tlai
Level 3

@Ahra_G 

I am getting periodic packetloss. to tpg.com.au (which will affect everything else).

It is still occuring. My ticket number was #10663022 and #10686226.

This is the last hour. It happens approx. every 2mins.

29.7 7pm.png

tlai
Level 3

I noticed TPG tried to call me at 8:57pm but I missed the call.

Looking at my logs it seems like the issue seems to have fixed itself at 9pm (As have haven't had any packloss in the last 40mins). This time lasting 3 hours.

tpg 9.30pm.png