TPG Community

Get online support

Re: Fibre to the Node/Building (NBN FTTN/FTTB) Setup Guide

Guhas
Level 2

Thanks for the guide.

I am under the imopression that TPG configures the modem prior to sending to the customer.

Question 1:

If I want to use a top end router for my FTTB service then what are the TPG recommended routers?

Question 2:

What password is set in the router for my TPG username? Is it my own password? (which I am not sure if TPG is aware of!)

Question 3:

My FTTB was setup last SAT 9/3/19 and I am sure that I was provided a used router, Tplink VR1600. The router was grubby and doesn't look new. Moreover the rubber pads at the bottom of the router was missing!! I really need the rubber pas at the bottom of the router so that it sits securely on my wooden shelf. Whom should I raise this issue with?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Will

Hi @Guhas

You are correct, the modems we provide are preconfigured before they are shipped to our customers.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Just to clarify, are you simply planning to connect a 3rd party router to the TPG modem or are you going to replace the modem entirely? If it's the former, you can get any brand. I guess you're main deciding factor would be the features which I suggest that you check the specifications of the equipment. If it's the latter, though any VDSL2 modem should work for the internet, we want to inform you  that the phone service won't work if you're going to use a 3rd party modem. In addition, we may have limited resources on how to setup 3rd equipment of which you may  have to check with the manufacturer for support.
  2. Can we clarify what password are you referring to? Is this the login password to access the modem to change settings? If yes, then by default for TP-Link modems, the password is admin.
  3. We're sorry to hear this. Let me help you in sending a brand new modem for replacement. Please send me a PM providing your shipping address.

Regards,

Will

Hi @Guhas

We haven't received a response from you yet pertaining to your shipping address

Regards,

Guhas
Level 2

Thanks for your persual and sorry for the dealy.

I was tackling anothet issue with TPG during by change from ADSL to FTTB. 

My phone line was down since Saturday and was sorting it out. Another irresponsible act from 

My account number is xxxxxx and hope you can get my details.

Moreover, when the technician visited he advised me that as per his records I should have the tplink router and another box to plugin the phone. Eventually I didn't got the second set of hardware and the technician did the setup with the router only.

I am with TPG for nearly 20 years and the way things went wrong during my FTTB change I will really think twice next time I have to make a move.

Will

Hi @Guhas

Thank you for your PM providing your shipping details.

We have already processed the replacement of your modem. You will be notified further once we have the consignment details. Please be advised that you will need to return the first modem once you receive the replacement within 14 days.

*Note: we edited your post to hide your customer ID for security purposes

Regards,

Guhas
Level 2

Would there be a pepaid satchel to return or I have to pay for postage? 

If I have to pay for return postage then don't worry about sending the router.

Will

Hi @Guhas,

A postpack is included which you can use to return the 1st modem.

Regards,

Guhas
Level 2

Thanks - will do.

Rica_R

You're welcome, glad to be of help. 

Will

Hi @Guhas

Good news! We already sent your new modem via Startrack. An SMS was sent providing the shipping details.

If you require further assistance, please leave us a message.

Regards,