TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent Dropouts on NBN - SEQ

zwing
Level 2

TPG,

I am FUMING.  

I moved to your NBN100 plan from Telstra last Tuesday and since have experienced more dropouts in service than i had in the last 3 years with Telstra.  Now in case that isn't clear, your service has been dropping out at indeterminate times, day or night, more frequently in less than a week than I had issue with Telstra in 3 years.

I've done all the usual things to try and resolve this.  Wireless and wired devices just drop out for perceivably no reason.  I operate a business from home and need to resort to mobile data to keep things running.  This is an absolute joke.

I am thanking my lucky stars that I chose a no-lock-in contract because if this isn't resolved I will be taking my business elsewhere.

TPG - please contact me ASAP.

Michael

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @zwing,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that the case was already escalated to our Engineering team.

Our Engineers raised the case with NBN Co. and it looks like that the service is already stable. They were trying to call you earlier to no avail.

Observe your connection and let us know if the issue persist.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

zwing
Level 2
Hi,

The internet has dropped out again and hasn’t come back on for about a half hour. I’ve sent an email and am waiting on a call back to advise status.

Once again back to mobile data to keep things going.

If you can push this along that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Will

Hi @zwing

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing connection dropouts. From what I can tell, you contacted our Helpdesk Team earlier and that we tried to see if we can get your service working but to no avail.

Our Engineering Team has already rejected NBNCo's resolution and we're currently waiting for NBNCo's response. We're expecting for NBNCo to provide us a technician appointment. Once an update is available, the assigned Engineer will notify you via SMS or phone call.

Regards,

zwing
Level 2
Thanks Will. Still no working connection on my end. Will wait to hear from you
Will

You're welcome @zwing. Just keep your lines open for any updates.

zwing
Level 2
Will,

I’ve had no connection all day and was told I can expect an update within 24-48 hours.

When I was sold this service I was told there would be little downtime between switching over because it was integral to my business to always be online. It seems like there is no urgency on TPG’s end to rectify this matter. NBN have referred the issue back to you. Why is this so hard to obtain any sort of responsibility for the lack of service?

Can someone get back to me with an update today?
Ahra_G

Apologies for the lack of contact received as expected, @zwing

I've seen that your service appears to be working normally now. 

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options at http://tpg.com.au/support

Thanks!