TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent dropout and poor connection

courtneyaraipu
Level 2

Hi there,

Having terrible trouble with internet connection and speed for the past few weeks.

My Apple TV is plugged straight into NBN and consistently dropouts. Have turned off/reset the NBN and modem and still seems so sloooow! Trying to study and submit assignments from home and no luck!

Any last advice before I bail completely? 

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @courtneyaraipu,

Welcome to the community! We are sorry to know that you're having difficulty with your connection for the last few weeks. We have located your account using your community details and ran an initial test to your service.

The test result shows a possible line fault causing dropouts and slow speed of your service connection. We have this raised to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation. Assessment may take 24hrs and updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call on contact number associated with the account.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

courtneyaraipu
Level 2
Hi Shane, 
Thanks for the quick reply and all the updates, an NBN technician is on his way today.  In the meantime can I suspend our service until this is fixed? It seems ridiculous to be paying for a service that doesn’t actually work! 
Alternatively, I’d be happy to cancel our service.
 Thanks,
Courtney 
Shane

Hi @courtneyaraipu,

While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

We will pass this to the assigned Engineer handling the escalated fault and request for a billing adjustment, this will be subject for approval and investigation. Assessment will be done once the technical issue is resolved.

Based on the latest log on file, NBN Co. Advised us that the NBN Technician appointment is booked on Tuesday, 12 March 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Further updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call by our Engineering Team.

Cheers!