TPG Community

Get online support

HCF NBN 50 - Upload Speed now 10mbps

SOLVED Go to solution
Si
Level 3
Level 3

I've noticed I now only get 10mbps on my uploads. This used to regularly be alomst 20mbps, as measured by Speedtest.net.

I regularly run automated speed tests, overnight. My laptop is connected to my router via ethernet. All results are recorded on the speedtest.net website. Downloading my speed test results I can see a history of 3700 speed test results.

Looking at the upload speed history from speedtest.net, I can see sometime between 3rd August and 16th August my upload speed dropped. Today, I am getting about 9.25mbps.

image.png

image.png

I had an outage in my area on 27th July, as advised by automated SMS's from TPG (whilst I was at work), however I can see after this date I was getting almost 20mbps upload speeds.

Has TPG quietly decreased the upload speed for NBN50 customers hoping it wouldn't be noticed (I have nbn via HFC) or is there a "config issue" with my connection which needs to be addressed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Si
Level 3
Level 3

This was resolved by working with TPG support and performing a reset on the NBN box.

There is a tiny reset button. I held a pen in there for 10 seconds. The box did a refresh. Upload speeds are back to 19mbps via Ethernet cable.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Si
Level 3
Level 3

Please note: I have rebooted my NBN box and my router reboots every 3 days. After the reboot, I still have ~10mbps upload speed.

BasilDV

Hi @Si

Welcome to the Community!

Our NBN50 speed tier is still configured with 20Mbps Upload speed.

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to look into it further.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

Si
Level 3
Level 3

This was resolved by working with TPG support and performing a reset on the NBN box.

There is a tiny reset button. I held a pen in there for 10 seconds. The box did a refresh. Upload speeds are back to 19mbps via Ethernet cable.