TPG Community

Get online support

How to Check for NBN Network Outage

Arfan
Staff

Check out our video guide or follow the steps below

TPG relies on the NBNCo’s infrastructure to deliver our NBN services. These infrastructures are not fault free and on occasion, may be affected by unplanned outages which can subsequently affect the NBN service we deliver to you.

Before calling TPG, we recommend checking your address for an NBN network outage HERE.

After opening the page, type in your full address and click “Check address” to check if there is an outage in your area.

NetworkStatus1.jpg

If your area is affected by an outage, we recommend that you check this page every few hours for updates.

NetworkStatus2.jpg

48 REPLIES 48
jaosnsmsiths
Level 2

Thank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
with
regards

Karins42
Level 2
Every time I open the page to check on the continuing (3 weeks now) outage this is the message:
“There was a problem. Please refresh the page to try again.”
Beyond annoyed.
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @Karins42 Welcome to TPG community, I've just tested the link and it's working for me, maybe you could try clearing your internet browser cache and temporary internet files as this can sometimes cause links to fail.

What type of device and which browser are you using?

Jinpark2757
Level 2
horrible things 😡😡😡😡🤬🤬
Riezl

Hi @Jinpark2757, we have also received your other post and we have likewise replied to it advising that your service was affected by an unplanned NBN network outage.

This has been resolved and your service should be working now.

You may view our response here:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/my-internet-is-not-working/m-p/47197#M18512

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

macca59
Level 2

The NBN page only tells me that I have a problem - I already know that - just confirms it is NBN - no idea when it will be fixed. Internet has been up and down (mostly down) for at least 4 days.

NBN says to contact my provider (TPG) and my provider says to check my NBN status.

My wife works from home, kids have online lectures and run small businesses, no home phone. And no one can tell me what is really wrong and when it will be fixed.

I know it's not TPG's fault, but surely they are following up with NBN that their clients are down, and asking for a resolution time and keep their clients informed. A single text advising me that NBN has a problem is not good enough.

Ahra_G

Hi @macca59

We have been notified by NBN Co that there is an unplanned network outage impacting some customers. NBN has initiated a planned change to undertake work to restore this incident. The work involves replacing a Radio Frequency (RF) back-plane.

This has been raised to our Outage monitoring team and should be in touch for any updates available. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

-Ahra_G

thehawkesnest
Level 2
My residence has no internet, and has had none for 4 hours. Been trying to contact TPG Tech support, and no one is picking up.
Dfothergill
Level 2
No internet coverage for 5hrs... Beyond frustrating!