TPG Community

Get online support

How to Check for NBN Network Outage

thehawkesnest
Level 2
It doesn't help that I was on the phone to tech support on hold from selecting the tech support option for over an hour, and nobody answered. I rang at 7pm AEDT, so I would of thought that someone would be on the other end.
Riezl

Hi @thehawkesnest,

For customers experiencing any issues with their NBN service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

We have also created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

This is the same article that you'll see above.

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

In your case, the service is currently affected by an unplanned NBN network outage and NBN technicians are doing their best to rectify the issue as soon as possible.

Riezl

Hi @Dfothergill, in your case, there's no outage affecting the service and the connection issue was resolved by connecting the cables to the right port on the TPG modem and the NBN connection box.

For future reference, you can refer to the article below for no connectivity troubleshooting.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

aurelio
Level 2

whenever i open to check on the outage this is the message
"There was a problem. Please refresh the page to try again "

this so annoying for me auto clicker

Sexybutt18
Level 2
Hi I suppose I have my Internet done on Wednesday and it’s now cheap Monday and nothing has really happened I don’t know who to call I’ve tried to call TPG and nothing has happened
johnmclean6
Level 2
The NBN site states there are no outages at my address but TPG have sent me a text to say there is an NBN outage in my area. The internet has been almost unusable for 3 days. Constantly on and off. Please help.
allegedlydave
Level 2

That's all very well and I get that these are unprecedented times etc. but our area has had no internet for 5 days now. Every evening I get a message saying that NBNco is investigating the issue, the next morning the message says that NBNco has resolved the issue, and by sundown the whole charade starts again.

To make matters worse I'm trying to chat with tech support just to get a timeline on when it'll actually be resolved, and you're so swamped I can't even send the message through. The one time I managed to get it through the chat went unresponded to for half an hour before being closed by your support team (who must be overwhelmed at the moment - aren't we all?)

We're trying to work from home or even just stay informed (or distracted) and as far as I can tell the NBN can't cope with the demand... I'm just spitballing solutions here but what's the chances of going back to ADSL2+ for the duration? Regardless I hope TPG can take legal action against NBNco in these times where the internet kinda needs to be treated as a human right. I can't be the only one that's gonna be asking for refunds at the very least...

Bhavesh1981
Level 2
Hi There,
I am in NSW. This morning I got the message about NBN Outage in my area. I have checked the status on the link as well.

In the current situation I and my wife working from home and it's not affordable to have an outage in the internet. We can't go to our office for work due to COVID- 19.

Can you please looking it urgently and advise.

Thanks
Bhavesh
nmo72005
Level 2
Thanks but we don’t have nbn and after checking there are no outages. We’ve been experiencing drop outs fir over a month, we’ve had a tech come out. We’ve had confirmation on the dropouts from tog but no fix
Gawain
Level 2

Hi there,
There's currently an NBN network outage at my property, in Coburg Victoria.
I just received a text from you saying that NBN Co is "investigating an outage in my area". But the NBN website says that it's planned maintenance from 7-3.
If it is actually planned maintenance, why would I not have been notified about this beforehand?
Thank you,
Gawain