TPG Community

Get online support

How to Check for NBN Network Outage

75karthik
Level 2
Hi TPG tech support team,
I am trying to reach out to you as we have been experiencing problems since Monday 6 April. Our NBN internet connection has been extremely realiable and it keeps dropping out. There is no internet connection most of the time. It's difficult to get hold of your team. Can anyone assist us please? A reliable connection is essential to be able to perform work from home.

Regards
Karthik
rhondaleajames
Level 2
I only have internet on my phone and when I try to go on the site my phone is telling me that it is unsecured and won't allow me to go on it
Ahra_G

Hi @75karthik

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

Cheers! 

Thesecretrecipe
Level 2
Hi how can I check my internet it’s not working from last 4 days
Jisaia12
Level 2
Been calling TPG technical team and keeps cutting me off the phone line. Had cross check the NBN network outage in the area and no problem found. My internet had been down since last night please help.
DrewT
Level 2
This tells us nothing that we don't already know. It's an NBN problem we know. What is it? When will it be done? Will we be reimbursed? Most of us are working from home now and can't have internet this unreliable. If tpg cannot offer a 4g backup modem I will be leaving for someone that can.
Level 2

So basically what you're saying is, if you can't connect to the NBN, connect to this page (ON THE NBN) to check if the reason you CAN'T connect to the NBN, is due to an NBN outage? Do you even realise how stupid this is?

David_M

Hi @0733795118 

Yes! It is a bit contradictory.

It would appear by checking for an outage is whereby customers have access to another device to access the internet, as in a mobile phone with network data/internet access.

If a customer can not access internet, calling via a phone to our call HD agents is the only option and we will check for them.

Regards,

David_M

Level 2
Level 2
I've been having drop outs for the past 5 days and each time I call TPG they confirm there is some kind of problem and they're working on it, but they cant seem to give me a time frame.
I cant even find out if theyve fixed the issue day to day, because despite receiving multiple verbal confirmations of an issue, and text messages from TPG saying there's a problem, both the TPG and NBN service status pages tell me there's “no planned maintenence”.

Why is this the case? I'm comforted to know the issue is being worked on, but i'm frustrated I have no idea how long I'll be without my primary means of conducting business!

How can I get more I formation about the problem affecting me? I have tried checking the pages and calling the support number but the pages dont tell me anything and its clear the phone staff only provide scripted answers.
David_M

Hi @67 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M