TPG Community

Get online support

How to Check for NBN Network Outage

David_M

Hi @67 

Ok...so your suburb on our accounts is listed as YERONGA, this suburb doesnt actually get listed on the NBN OUTAGES page.

For some reason, i think it sees your suburb as YEERONGPILLY.

If you type your address in the NBN outages page with YERRONGPILLY as the suburb, it shows there is an NBN OUTAGE affecting your area.

Your service should resume once NBN fix the NBN network. You can keep checking it to see when it is cleared.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

Regards,

David_M

peggiewil
Level 2

The NBN page only tells me that I have a problem - I already know that - just confirms it is NBN - no idea when it will be fixed. Internet has been up and down (mostly down) for at least 4 days.NBN says to contact my provider (TPG) and my provider says to check my NBN status. It's not TPG's fault, but surely they are following up omegle with NBN that their clients are down, and asking for a resolution time and keep their clients informed. A single text advising me that NBN has a problem is not good enough.

polsan
Level 2

that is useless. For the last 2 hrs my speed is 20 times lower than it shouldbe and there is nothing in service status for my area.

Shane

Hi @polsan,

Welcome to the community! 

We're sad to know that you're having speed issues with the service. We'd like to confirm what devices are affected and what troubleshooting have you done.

In the event that wireless devices such as Smart Phones, Laptop and Smart TV are affected we did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to improve the Wireless Connection at home. 

See links below.

Let us know how it will go, cheers! 

jasonsi23
Level 2
My nbn internet connection is still down. It’s been down since this morning. Is this getting fixed or worked on?!
Ahra_G

Hi @jasonsi23

Welcome to the Community! 

NBN Co has has identified an outage affecting customers in the Bardon, QLD area. Further updates will be provided as more information becomes available.

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

jasonsi23
Level 2
It’s been over 7 hours now. When is this getting fixed? Some of us work online and need internet!
Ahra_G

We're truly sorry for the inconvenience, @jasonsi23

Recent update showed that a technician is already on-site however NBN Co still has not provided an estimated timeframe of restoration.

wrd2093
Level 2
We reported NBN outage for home broadband to TPG .. how long does it take for NBN to acknowledge the outage for our address on that website?
Ahra_G

Hi @wrd2093

Welcome to the Community! 

There are instances that some outages/maintenance can be checked directly from the NBN Outage page and there are some that needs to be raised or checked by your ISP. 

Please send us your with your Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist you accordingly. 

Regards,

Ahra_G