TPG Community

Get online support

How to Check if your NBN service is part of a Planned Maintenance activity

Shane

While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

I’m sorry but the frequency of these planned - and unplanned - outages is ridiculous. The latest is a 12hr outage during the day on a Monday. This never happened before NBN. Where’s the redundancy that allows maintenance (or incidents) to happen without taking out all of your customers every time?!?! C’mon. Really not good enough these days.
Cheung1936
Level 2
This is to complain the NBN maintenance in our area 5/39 Woodlawn Dr Toongabbie. There have been frequent maintenance (nearly one in every two to three weeks in the last six months) and outage at the above addressaddress. I have requested TPG to escalate to their management and lodge a complaint and have not heard of any response. As a customer whether NBN or TPG, we have the right to know what is going on and why this maintenance is so very often as this is beyond comprehension and do not meet the expectations of a customer.
Ahra_G

Hi @Cheung1936

While we will endeavour to make NBN Access services available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NBN Access services are not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control that may affect NBN services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and your hardware and software configuration.

NBN has the right to perform maintenance work from time to time, which may temporarily interrupt your access to the service. Where possible, we will perform this work during non-peak times.

Should you require further assistance, please send your Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist you. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Tessyjenkinson
Level 2
Guys, nobody is questioning the need to continuously upgrade the service and complete maintenance but I’m getting weekly emails with ridiculous amounts of upgrades for the last few months. What’s going on? Why the high volume of constant planned outages? It’s a huge inconvenience to be doing this volume of upgrades when people still working from home.
Angeli

Hi @Tessyjenkinson

Let me check on your service status. Send me a PM with your TPG customer ID or username along with your complete address.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

Angeli

Hi @Tessyjenkinson,

Based on my remote test, your connection is active for more than a week. Recently, there was a planned electricity interruption that has affected the nbn network, Due to this, customers had experienced a loss of service to their phone/internet service. 

Also, on 28th of Mar, a power outage will take place between 7:00am and 7:00pm which will impact the nbn™ network. Your service is estimated to be down for a total of 12 hours. You may check the outage status here, https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status. 

Know that planned/unplanned outages are beyond our control as like other ISPs, we are an NBN reseller. 

Regards, 

Angeli

martian
Level 3

There are 24-hours in a day - why does NBN selected workhours to carry out such maintenance work? That is a Friday workday and during workhours.

It is so disrruptive - is there a link to lodge such a complaint to ombudsma about NBN?

Please help provide the link.

I figure many here are keen to lodge complains.

========================

Hello xxx,

NBNCo planned maintenance in your area will occur between 6:30AM - 2:30PM from 08/04/22 to 08/04/22.

This may affect your TPG NBN service at XXX.

If you have a phone service that uses your NBN internet to operate, this may also be affected during the maintenance.

For more information, please visit: plannedoutage.

Kind Regards,

The TPG Team

Shane

Hi martian, service maintenance are usually scheduled during off peak time however, there are situations that an maintenance is scheduled during peak hours to ensure continued performance on the network. We will treat this as a complaint and raise this to our Complaints Resolution Team for handling and investigation. 

There are 24-hours in a day - why does NBN selected workhours to carry out such maintenance work? That is a Friday workday and during workhours.

It is so disrruptive - is there a link to lodge such a complaint to ombudsma about NBN?

Please help provide the link.

I figure many here are keen to lodge complains.

========================

Hello xxx,

NBNCo planned maintenance in your area will occur between 6:30AM - 2:30PM from 08/04/22 to 08/04/22.

This may affect your TPG NBN service at XXX.

If you have a phone service that uses your NBN internet to operate, this may also be affected during the maintenance.

For more information, please visit: plannedoutage.

Kind Regards,

The TPG Team

pitxu2004
Level 2

Agree there needs to be some discussion regarding compensating customers. These NBN outages have been almost a weekly occurrence for many months now - with no explanation of why. The disruption to work is becoming unsustainable.

Angeli

Hi @pitxu2004

Have you experienced an outage recently? We can check as to why there has been an unplanned/planned outage in your area. Kindly confirm your TPG customer ID or username via private message.

Regards,

Angeli