TPG Community

Get online support

How to Check if your NBN service is part of a Planned Maintenance activity

AimeeY
Level 2

TPG,

There is an error with your notification system.  The email alert I have for tomorrow's outage states that it is scheduled between 10:00am and 4:00pm 28/09/2021 AEST.  Whereas the NBN's website states the outage is scheduled between 12:00am and 6:00am 28/09/2021 AEST.

I believe the automated system you are using to recieve the alerts from NBN is reading the times from NBN as UTC and adding the 10h difference between UTC and AEST.

Riezl

Hi @AimeeY, thanks for bringing this matter to our attention and we'll surely pass this on internally. Let us know if you have other queries. Thank you.

larabenham
Level 2
Why would you plan an outage during normal work hours??
I am expected to teach a full day online. I'm not able to get out of that. This is not acceptable.
ekkidson
Level 3

Three times in one week, and with no notice - this is crazy, and not at all useful for those who are trying to work from home!  Do we need to start looking for other service providers?

carleavisco
Level 2
So has it been out? It's out today too isn't it?
Ahra_G

Hi @ekkidson,

For service connection issues, we recommend our customers to check the following: 

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

Please send your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to assist you further.

Regards,

Ahra_G

Lezasc
Level 2
Emergency work is carried out all too frequently. Over the past month: on the 15th, 20th, 23rd, 24th and 29th December; again on 7th January and now today on the 14th January. The high frequency of service disruption is making it impossible to work from home. I am shocked tpg payment was deducted from my account today when I would have expected a refund.
Lezasc
Level 2
Emergency work is carried out all too frequently. Over the past month: on the 15th, 20th, 23rd, 24th and 29th December; again on 7th January and now today on the 14th January. The high frequency of service disruption is making it impossible to work from home. I am shocked tpg payment was deducted from my account today when I would have expected a refund.
Shane

Hi @Lezasc,

We responded to your initial post located here. Send us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) and we will proceed with the investigation to identify what causing issues with the service.

Regards,

DL007
Level 2
I’m sorry but the frequency of these planned - and unplanned - outages is ridiculous. The latest is a 12hr outage during the day on a Monday. This never happened before NBN. Where’s the redundancy that allows maintenance (or incidents) to happen without taking out all of your customers every time?!?! C’mon. Really not good enough these days.