TPG Community

Ask, answer and talk about our products

How to set up a bridge on archer vr1600v.

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 1

Just got the Archer vr1600v modem and trying to set up my old gateway as a bridge - managed to set it in bridge mode and connected to the WAN port of the Archer but have no clue how to actually set it up ... halp!

25 REPLIES

Hi @jimmyb,

Welcome to the community!

VoIP feature will not work if Archer vr1600v is on bridge mode. (It needs to be the Authenticating Device/ The device that needs to be connected directly to our TPG server)

Once you visited the modem's page.

- 192.168.1.1 go to 'Quick Setup' Tab
- Select 'Other' hit next.

Follow the settings below:

tplink.png
- Once it's done select 'Next' button

- Let us know how it will go.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

Level 1b
Hi I’m trying to do this on the same modem I recently got archer vr1600v, I cannot see a quick setup and any other area to change to bridge mode, please help. Thanks

Hi @Bruzza81,

Have you tried to follow up instruction above?

If yes, can you post a screen shot of your modem/router page.

I will have it checked. Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Level 1b

Hi,

Please see attached screenshots of both basic and advanced tabs, no quick setup and i cant find anywhere to bridge the modem which is essential in my application

Hi @Bruzza81,

Can you try to access the modem/router page using desktop/laptop connected via Ethernet Cable?

Some of the  modem/router's feature might not available because it is accessed via wireless (Smartphones)

Regards,

Level 1b

Sorry I forgot o mention, the smartphone was just snapshot so you could see the screen (it was easier for me!), i have tried this on the PC, the screen is identical.

Hi @Bruzza81,

Thanks for the additional info. Try to check the drop down of 'Internet Connection Type' in advanced.

Please see attached file for reference.

bridgemode.png

Regards,

Level 1b

Hi, thank you, i have checked this but i dont see any bridge mode?? Is there maybe a technical name for it?

Thanks

Level 1b

Hello,

I've just got my NBN fixed wireless installed today.

I also need to enable bridge mode (acknowledge VOIP won't work), and I also do not have 'quick setup' available on the Archer VR1600v modem.

I wish to use my existing firewall router to perform the PPPoE authentication.

Could you please advise ?

Cheers