TPG Community

Get online support

I cannot send bulk emails (- 200) error "too many recipients".

Patanty
Level 2

I cannot send emails to my choir's member list (160 +).  They are returned with the error message "Too many recepients",  I have contacted TPG on a number of occasions, with no success - worse, in one case I could not then send anything! I now find that the settings listed on the web page differ from those to which I was instructed to change. I am reluctent to alter the settings again. Can anyone hepl, please?

20 REPLIES 20
BasilDV

Hi @Patanty,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and checked the account.

I've seen the notes from your previous call and would like to know more about the concern to analyze it further.

Are you able to send a screenshot of your email settings via PM? Can you also send the error message that you are receiving every time you send bulk emails?

Are you using Outlook email client? Just want to confirm this.

And I've read that you linked your gmail account with your TPG account? Before you do this, was sending bulk emails previously working?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Patanty
Level 2

Thank you for responding.
I attach 2 photos of my internet settings. These were set as instructed by phone and do not coincide with those on the website.
I use Microsoft outlook.
Bulk emails worked until fairly recently. They were always sent from outlook - not gmail.
I have been told by my computer technician that linking gmail does not affect sending from tpg & outlook.
I did try deleting the link, but it made no difference.
I have been sending from tpg post office; although pasting to bcc, the last one sent showed all email address in the body of the email.
I had never experienced the bulk email problem when with Chariot.
I send photos of settings as I am not conversant with sending screen shots.
I trust this helps.
(I sent the photos in a direct email reply - I hope you receive them)
BasilDV

Thank you @Patanty.

I've analyzed the settings and it seems incorrect.

The incoming and outgoing mail server should be mail.tpg.com.au.

Account type is correct = POP3.

On the "More settings" pop-up, you need to click on "Outgoing Server tab" then put a check mark on "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication", then click on "Log on using". It will ask for your TPG username and password.

Afterwards, on the "Advanced tab", the Incoming server (POP3) is 110 and outgoing server (SMTP) is 25. Please uncheck the "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL). The "Use the following type of encrypted connection" to "None".

Update us if it's still not working.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Patanty
Level 2

Just as I thought - however the settings were given to me via telephone help ( on more than one occasion!) and they insisted they were correct. 

I shall change the settings back.

I will not know if that will solve the problem until I attempt to send another newsletter - this coming weekend.

I will let you know.

Thank you.

Patanty
Level 2

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    HCS Test email

Sent: 18/09/2018 3:39 PM

I sent a test email to my list and still they were not sent.

Here is the message (showing only my email and the first on the list)

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'patyler3@tpg.com.au' on 18/09/2018 3:41 PM

451 4.3.5 Error getting LDAP results in map ldapmra: Unknown error 325

'kayea@iinet.net.au' on 18/09/2018 3:41 PM

452 4.5.3 [TPG-R02] Too many recipients

BasilDV

Hi @Patanty,

How many recipients exactly are we using here? And what version of Microsoft Outlook are you using?

We would like to look into it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Patanty
Level 2

I'm sending 160+    (fewer than 200)

The version Outlook is 2007

BasilDV

Thank you @Patanty.

I will arrange a call from one of our senior tech team to look into it further.

Please PM me your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Here's the link on how to send a PM in the community.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Riezl

Hi @Patanty, we can see that our Technical Team has been in touch and discussed the concerns raised.

They are still monitoring the account and will contact you tomorrow around 11am to check the status of the service.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.