TPG Community

Get online support

Legitimate emails being redirected to spam folder

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @martinb8,

Welcome to the community!

As mentioned by @BasilDV

"You might need to change the settings on your Mail Filter settings.

If the emails that you are expecting is coming from a certain email addresses, then you may set it to "Address Filtering" (Allowed Email Address)."

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

martinb8
Level 2

My Mail filter settings are already on Low. Your answer still doesn't address why emails from many senders that have been going into my Inbox for years are now going to Spam. Has TPG changed the way they screen emails at their end? It's strange that it's happening to several users, just from the time around the start of November.

Shane

Hi @martinb8,

Thanks for the confirmation. We are currently checking this with our post master if there has been a change to our email filtering system. We'll provide an update on this thread when it becomes available.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi All,

For troubleshooting purposes, please send me the following details via PM ( How do I private message (PM) in the community )

• The email that has been sent to spam folder.
  • The Username of the email address affected.

Cheers!

gab4moi
Level 2

Hi Shane, BasilDV and other posters to this thread,

Since starting the thread I followed advice here from BasilDV and in a helpdesk email response from Philip.  I changed my email filter settings from Medium to Low and directed that spam labelled emails be sent to my inbox, not my spam filter.  I am fairly sure my setting was Low previously, so maybe the system had reset this to medium somehow, although I cannot be certain about this.  Since resetting the filter level over a week ago, I have had no emails redirected to my spam filter and only two or three legitimate emails marked as spam sent to my inbox.  I have had the occasional amorous Eastern European entity sneak through to my inbox but my Mailwasher protection has intercepted them, as has been the case for years now.  (Will they never learn, lol!)  So the issue seems to have been resolved for me, at least for the past week or so.  I will continue to monitor emails and check this thread for a while to be certain, but so far so good.  Thanks to all for their contributions and advice to date.   

martinb8
Level 2

Since my last post, everything seems to have gone back to normal. I haven't even had to add email addresses to my 'allow' list. Whatever your enquiries were, they seemed to have worked. Thanks.