TPG Community

Get online support

My internet is down

Level 2
No internet or very slow
4 REPLIES 4
carmeldimarco
Level 2

Mine too are you in the ascot vale area in Melbourne? Apparently there is an outage but that was supposed to be fixed by 3pm?

BasilDV

Hi @ghassan59

Welcome to the Community!

Before attempting the troubleshooting steps, we recommend that you do the following below.

• Check our Service Status at https://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus
  • "Power cycle" your FTTB modem. This means turning your modem off and waiting for one minute before turning it back on again. This allows your modem to reestablish connection to our server.

If you are still unable to connect to the Internet, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: https://www.tpg.com.au/support/problems_connect_internet_fttb_bundle.php

We were able to check your service and we are unable to detect any problem within the FTTB network. Your modem is receiving a good sync speed from the server with 99.99 Mbps Downstream and 40.95 Mbps Upstream. We've created an article that will help you guide you on how to check this : How to check the connection speed on your NBN FTTN/FTTB service

If you are using a WiFi connection, then signal interference may be causing the issue. We've created some articles on how to improve your home network.

Feel free to search Community for help with your issue, or contact us and we'd be glad to assist you.

BasilDV

carmeldimarco
Level 2

My problem of no internet is more serious than these simple troubleshooting tips!

It has gone down again and I've had to lodge yet another service request- it is an nbn line issue and a technician from nbn was sent out by TPG on Monday and had apparently checked the line at the external box and all was okay fir two days now the internet at my place has gone down again and yet another technician from nbn is yo be sent out. I am beyond irate at this as I have been unable to work from home so have had to relocate to a friends house just continue working. I am also continuing to pay fir a service I cannot access fir two weeks and if this continues I will be seriously considering legal action. 😡

carmeldimarco
Level 2

My problem of no internet access is more serious than these simple trouble shooting tips!

I have had no internet for two weeks and a technician has been sent out once already as it's an nbn issue I'm told. The technician said everything was fine when it isn't and it's now down yet again! I have had to relocate to another place to continue work as a result and this is not only extremely stressful and inconvenient it is also putting me at health risk in the current situation. I am still being charged for an internet service I cannot access thus TPG is in breach of original contract for being paid for services not rendered. I am beyond irate at this and in the process of seeking legal counsel to escalate this on my end. TPG need to escalate this too with more senior level support than just front line online simply troubleshooting at this point. If not my payments to TPG will be suspended.