TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

SOLVED Go to solution
jsolomon070390
Level 2

Hi,

Have set up the modem and NCD as per instructions. Left them on overnight, but the internet light is not on on the modem. On the NCD, only the power light is solid, the other two are flashing. Pictures attached. Can you please advise?

1-.jpg2.jpg

Ahra_G

Hi @jsolomon070390

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that your address is tagged as Service class 33. This can be remotely activated however, it appears that we are still not detecting both equipment.

I'll raise this to one of our Case Managers for further assistance. 

Please await for a call today, 27 April 2021.

Regards,

Ahra_G

ando10
Level 2

Hi Ahra,

I am having the exact same issue as jsolomon. Have done everything as instructed once my TPG modem arrived on Friday. Received the text, connected everything correctly. The internet is not lighting up green. I refuse to pay anything or serve out any contract until this is resolved asap. How am I meant to work from home without internet? This is my first time with you guys and it is a terrible experience already.

Ahra_G

Hi @ando10,

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that your address is tagged as Service class 33. This can be remotely activated however, it appears that we are still not detecting both equipment.

I have organised a call back to be made tomorrow, 11 May 2021,  from one of our Case Managers to assist you and check the status of the line.

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

ando10
Level 2

@Ahra_G The modem was switched off. I switched it back on, does that make a difference? Can you check if it can now be remotely activated?

BasilDV

Hi @ando10

We understand that you've been in touch with our NBN Provisioning team and verified that the modem/router that you have is faulty.

The request for its replacement has been forwarded and being processed.

Further updates will be given by your case manager as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

ando10
Level 2

@BasilDV, @Ahra_G - The new replacement modem doesn't work either. As expected, nothing to do with the modem. Can you please send a technician out tomorrow (Wednesday 12 May) to fix this immediately. How do you expect me to work from home with no internet?

BasilDV

Thanks for the update @ando10

We'll advise your NBN case manager and have him to contact you tomorrow to check on this further.

BasilDV

ando10
Level 2

Your "case manager" who is more than likely just a regular consultant did some "troubleshooting" with me. The exact same troubleshooting I did a few days ago, complete waste of my time staying at home most of the morning when I could have done something productive. The outcome is that I don't have internet for yet another week. Techician is now booked in person for next Tuesday, what could this technician possibly do that I wouldn't be capable of doing myself?

BasilDV

Hi @ando10

We apologise for the inconvenience.

The NBN technician that will visit the premises will check the connection from the NBN NCD box to the server.

This will help identify if what is really the problem, since the original and the replacement modem/router won't authenticate.

Further updates will be given by your case manager as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV