NBN HFC Dropouts

Nght
Level 2

Hello

I Have been experiencing frequent dropouts on my connection since there was maintenance on the node near me 4SLA-61. The dropouts have been random some days will get 2-3 other days will get 5-7 all throughout the day.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Nght,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have run some remote test.

We weren't able to detect any fault within the NBN network and the NBN NTD shows that it is stable.

When you experience the dropouts, did you notice the lights on the modem if it changes? Were you using a WiFi connection or a Wired connection? We'd like to analyze it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Nght
Level 2

Hello BasilDV

Only the internet light on the tp-link modem goes off, all the lights on the Arris Modem stay on. We didn't have any drop outs for a day or so, unitl this afternoon when my housmate tried to connect his Xbox One to the router via wifi the internet would drop out. We thought we solved it by connecting it via ethernet but the net dropped out a couple of times tonight. I can't seem to attach the log file to this post.

Shane

Hi @Nght

Thanks for the additional details. We'd like to confirm if only the Xbox having issue (dropouts) when it is connected via Wi-Fi.

We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to improve your wireless connection available here.

Let us know how it will go. Cheers!