TPG Community

Get online support

NBN HFC box LAN port dead

JimmyFlawless
Level 2

Hi there,

I've got a TPG NBN (HFC) Internet service which has been extremely reliable for the few years I've had it.

Unfortunately yesterday afternoon there was a very powerful thunderstorm and I have lost the Internet service and can't get it back.

On the Arris NBN modem I can see all 4 solid green lights on the front are lit up which is a good sign. Unfortunately there are no link lights on LAN port at the back (labelled UNI-D1) and my router can't connect to the NBN service.

I have restarted the NBN modem a few times but to no avail.

I've spoken to TPG's tech support and they have tested the line and say it's fine (which I already knew because of the 4 green lights).  However they are suggesting my router is the issue.   I use a third party router but I know there has been no change in the config. Just to keep tech support happy I also tried out the TP-Link router I was provided by TPG initially. No joy there either; despite configuring the correct username/password details it just doesn't want to connect (there are no link lights either on the UNI-D1 port or the WAN port of the router).

The issue is almost certainly a failure of the LAN port at the back caused by the storm.  From what I have read, this is quite a common occurrence.  Is anyone here from TPG and able to assist here please?  Can this be fixed remotely (I suspect not) or does the box have to be replaced?

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @JimmyFlawless,

Thanks for raising this to us, I was able to locate the account using the given details I can see that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians. The assessment shows that a pending troubleshootings are still required, please drop me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

I will arrange one of our Senior Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi there,

I've got a TPG NBN (HFC) Internet service which has been extremely reliable for the few years I've had it.

Unfortunately yesterday afternoon there was a very powerful thunderstorm and I have lost the Internet service and can't get it back.

On the Arris NBN modem I can see all 4 solid green lights on the front are lit up which is a good sign. Unfortunately there are no link lights on LAN port at the back (labelled UNI-D1) and my router can't connect to the NBN service.

I have restarted the NBN modem a few times but to no avail.

I've spoken to TPG's tech support and they have tested the line and say it's fine (which I already knew because of the 4 green lights).  However they are suggesting my router is the issue.   I use a third party router but I know there has been no change in the config. Just to keep tech support happy I also tried out the TP-Link router I was provided by TPG initially. No joy there either; despite configuring the correct username/password details it just doesn't want to connect (there are no link lights either on the UNI-D1 port or the WAN port of the router).

The issue is almost certainly a failure of the LAN port at the back caused by the storm.  From what I have read, this is quite a common occurrence.  Is anyone here from TPG and able to assist here please?  Can this be fixed remotely (I suspect not) or does the box have to be replaced?

Thanks in advance. 

Ylim
Level 2
Hi, I have the same problem with my hfc modem. Did all the test....also did a loop test with my router and is sure that the cable and my router wan port is working.
I received a ticket today but would like to know when the nbn technican can come and replace the box....as we are working from home and really need the internet...
Shane

Hey, Ylim.

I'd love to help check the status of the escalated fault, to better understand the situation drop me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi, I have the same problem with my hfc modem. Did all the test....also did a loop test with my router and is sure that the cable and my router wan port is working.
I received a ticket today but would like to know when the nbn technican can come and replace the box....as we are working from home and really need the internet...