TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Off-Peak data not being used?

tlai
Level 3
Hi,
My mother is currently using 50 gig/50gig nbn plan which has recently switched from 10/10 nbn12 however, even though she has used it during off-peak, it hasnt recorded any off-peak hours. She has tried to contact customer support to no avail, who suggested for her to just upgrade to the unlimited plan. I don't see why the off-peak has no usage and believe there's an account configuration issue when the plan was changed over.
Plead advise as with the throttled speed, not even Web browsing is possible.
Thanks

Package Type: NBN Cable Broadband M Bundle
Download Charges: All Uploads/Downloads: free
Current Billing Period: Ends: 17 Feb 2019
Usage Charges: $0.00
Peak Downloads used: 49683.588 MBPeak Uploads used: 2396.034 MBPeak Total used: 52079.622 MB
Off-Peak Downloads used: 0.000 MB
Off-Peak Uploads used: 0.000 MBOff-Peak Total used: 0.000 MB
Peak Speed is throttled; Peak package limit of 50000 MB exceeded.
28 REPLIES 28
Shane

Hi @tlai,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see what happened see what happened to the data usage of your Mom's account. When the data usage is throttled the speed will be shaped 128Kbps/128Kbps both download and upload.

I tried to use your Community details to pull up your account unfortunately it shows a different result. To better understand the situation, feel free to PM me the account details (Username/Customer ID together with the complete address on file).

In case you need a reference:

How to send a PM.

Regards,

tlai
Level 3

PM sent.

Shane

Hi @tlai,

Thanks for sending me your details.

We've seen that the off-peak data is not yet being used.

Peak times: 08:30 - 02:30

Off-Peak times: 02:30 - 08:30

Try to check your service during off-peak hours and see if you will experience connectivity issue.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

tlai
Level 3

Hi,

Yes the service has been used during the off peak periods of Off-Peak times: 02:30 - 08:30. However no usage has been counted to the off-peak pool. Now that peak is capped, off-peak internet is also capped / doesn't work properly as nothing loads.

I suspect that all usage regardless of times, is only counted towards Peak, hence why there's no usuage for off-peak and how off-peak doesn't work as normal despite it not being capped in off-peak times.

Thanks

tlai
Level 3

I thought I had replied to this. Anyhow, it seems like that off-peak usage is not current being counted and instead using the peak pool. The service has been used during off-peak hours however, there's been no usuage on the meter. In addition, as the peak service is currently capped, it has also affected the off-peak pool as it is also capped during off-peak.

This leads me to believe that there's only 1 pool 'peak' currently being counted and used and off-peak hasn't been enabled yet/ doesn't function properly.

Thanks

Shane

Hi @tlai,

Thanks for additional details. We will conduct an investigation to this usage issue that you have. We'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians tomorrow 7AM Queensland time for testing purposes.

Feel free to PM us the best contact number.

Regards,

tlai
Level 3

PM sent.

Thanks

Shane

Hi @tlai,

Thanks for the details. We'll arrange one of our Technicians to call you tomorrow 7:15 on your local time.

Please ensure to keep your mobile phone available for the incoming call.

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

tlai
Level 3

Thanks. Note the mobile number is for my mother who is the one that will be receiving the call, and would be avaible at the premise to assist the technician. I have informed her about the scheduled call.

Thanks