TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection light flashing red and making clicking noise

RawKii
Level 2
Thunderstorm on Thursday 14-10-21.
After a particularly loud thunder strike, the internet went down.

Checked my NBN box and like everyone else says here: red connection flashing, DSL and LAN is off and that clicking noise.

Tried resetting and I don't see my suburb Bexley NSW 2207, under maintenance.
Shane

Hi @RawKii,

Welcome to the community!

I am sad to know that you're having issues with the service. I would love to help and see the status of the connection. To better understand the situation, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Thunderstorm on Thursday 14-10-21.
After a particularly loud thunder strike, the internet went down.

Checked my NBN box and like everyone else says here: red connection flashing, DSL and LAN is off and that clicking noise.

Tried resetting and I don't see my suburb Bexley NSW 2207, under maintenance.
summerzh
Level 2
Hi,

I’m having an exact issue last night after thunder/lighting and I’ve done all usual check this morning but problem persists. Please advise.
BasilDV

Hi @summerzh

Welcome to the Community!

We checked the account and learned that this has been raised to our Engineers.

An NBN technician has been booked to check your service.

Further updates will be provided by your assigned Engineer once available.

BasilDV

skst0
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV I am also having this exact issue - in Preston VIC and there's no outages reported online. Have tried resetting but it's still flashing red and clicking every time. Please advise what to do.

BasilDV

Hi skst0

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and learned that you've been in touch with our Tech team.

The case was raised to our Engineers and an NBN technician has been requested to check your service.

Further updates will be provided by your assigned Engineer once available.

BasilDV

Matt243
Level 2
Hey all, I’m having the same issue after a big storm on 9/9/22.

Tried resetting everything multiple times, doesn’t seem to be an outage in my area.

Tried contacting TPG and they said someone will call within 24-48 hours. I need the internet to be working for me to be able to work from home this week.
Rica_R

Hi @Matt243,

We'd like to look into your account. Can you send us PM with your TPG account so we could check your connection details.

How do I private message (PM) in the community - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093/highli....

hkandn
Level 2
Hi seems very strange I have had the exact same issue with my NBN box, right after a thunderstorm. Can you please help?
hkandn
Level 2
Did you get this resolved in the end what was the solution? Having the same issue!