TPG Community

Get online support

NBN50 download very slow

SOLVED Go to solution
michaelkarzon59
Level 2

we recently moved from Spintel to TPG because Spintel NBN50 download was only giving us 12Mbps but after having connected to TPG our download was around 47Mbps for 3 days but now we are down to about 9Mbps did we make a mistake moving to TPG when all the ads about TPG NBN states 42Mbps evening time.

Please advise because if this is what we getting then maybe we should have stayed with Spintel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkarzon59
Level 2

Thank you for refreshing our connection as this have fixed our issue.

Thank you

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
BasilDV

Hi @michaelkarzon59 ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

As you've advised that you were getting 47 Mbps before, but recently experienced a download speed of 9 Mbps. This means that the 42 Mbps typical evening speed is attainable.

We've tested the NBN line and was not able to detect any fault within the network.

We've created an article that will guide you on how to troubleshoot a slow speed issue. Check this link.

We've refreshed your connection remotely to give it a fresh start.

If the issue persists after you follow the troubleshooting guide, please let us know and will check it further.

Regards,

BasilDV

michaelkarzon59
Level 2

Thank you for refreshing our connection as this have fixed our issue.

Thank you

Regards,

Michael

Shane

We're glad to know that the issue has been fixed. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

davidkyfeng
Level 2

Hi I have the exact same problem. The internet speed slowed down considerably after the first few days of installation. It even feels slower than our original ADSL from Telstra. At night we are just getting around 15mb download speed. Please help!

BasilDV

Hi @davidkyfeng,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault.

Your modem shows a session of more than 1 Month now. Try to turn Off the modem for 30 secs, then turn it back On to give it a quick refresh.

We've created an article that will guide you on how to resolve the slow speed issue. You may check this link.

If you are using a WiFi connection, then here's an article that will guide you on how to improve your home network. Check this link.

If the issue persists, please let us know.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Bilby
Level 3

I am also experiencing the same issue on an NBN 50 plan. When first connected it was getting approx 42/20 but now currently getting 4/19 with Ping of 25ms.

Contact Tech Support and they did the usual tests before escalating the issue.

BasilDV

Hi @Bilby,

We tried to locate your account using your community details to no avail.

Are you still experiencing the slow speed issue or was it resolved?

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

Bilby
Level 3

I checked this morning and it is back to about 45/19. I'll check again later tonight.

Would be keen to understand what the problem was.

Bilby
Level 3

So I now understand that the CVC (Connectivity Virtual Circuit) appears to be congested after 6pm of a night (i.e. over utilised during peak times). 

Can you please advise if you are planning to upgrade the CVC? If not can I be moved to another CVC with less congestion?