TPG Community

Get online support

Nbn HFC - second connection

Lupus52
Level 2
Hi
We have zoned out house as a type 1b property which essentially falls into the class of student accomodation/boarding house rather than the normal type 1a dwelling house. We are NOT allowed to call it 2 different residences eg.18a and b for example. We have a split level home 3beds up and 2 beds downstairs. Upstairs can’t freely access down and vice versa. We currently live upstairs and have a HFC NBN connection which our tenants use via wifi. We would like to get a second connection if possible but from my reading this is a bit of a tricky situation. I notice there is a $300 second connection charge but what does this actually mean?

. Ideally, the tenants would like to be able to pay for their own connection rather than using ours ie. Have 2 seperate internet bills. Is this possible with NBN HFC? Otherwise the tenants downstairs may need to get a wireless broadband connection. Alternatively, if we could get a second connection and modem but only 1 bill they would at least be able to get to the modem to reset it etc when we are away on holidays if they needed to given they can’t access upstairs when we aren’t there. Thanks for your help
2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @Lupus52 ,

Welcome to the community!

Getting additional NBN account on NBN-HFC may require additional lead-in-cable and if we're able to confirm that there is available lead-in-cable to use there will be a $300.00 installation fee. We'd like to take a look on your service. To better understand the situation, PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference:

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Lupus52,

Thanks for sending us additional details. We ran further test to the service it shows a possible line fault that causing drop outs to the service. We have raised this to our Engineering Team for further handling and investigation. Assessment may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided when it becomes available via SMS or Phone call.

We apologise for any inconvenience. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,