TPG Community

Get online support

Nbn box keeps beeping

SOLVED Go to solution
Yianni
Level 3
Nbn box keeps beeping all the time. No idea how I turn it off. Any ideas what I need to do to stop. Keeping me awake 😨
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tonystork
Level 5

Hi @Yianni, I found it on NBN co's website, hope this helps. Feel free to see link below for the whole PDF details.

http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

batterybackup.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tonystork
Level 5

Hi @Yianni, I found it on NBN co's website, hope this helps. Feel free to see link below for the whole PDF details.

http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

batterybackup.png

Yianni
Level 3

Hi @tonystork,

Legend. I tried this this morning and that beep beep beep is dead forever. Smiley LOL

tonystork
Level 5

@Yiannialways got chu fam ! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luna
Level 5

So does this mean that @Yianni needs a replacement NBN battery?

tonystork
Level 5

Well, I believe if 'Battery' is already dead that's the time it needs to be replacement. I'm not quiet sure if @Yianni needs a replacement. :/

InfinityPlusTwo
Level 3

You only need the battery if there is a power outage and you want to use an old telephone that is plugged directly into the white NBN box.

If you are using cordless phones or the Internet then neither will work during a power outage.

I gather these days most people would just use a mobile phone so they can save some time and money by not replacing the battery

WayneR
Staff

"

@InfinityPlusTwowrote:

You only need the battery if there is a power outage and you want to use an old telephone that is plugged directly into the white NBN box.

If you are using cordless phones or the Internet then neither will work during a power outage.

I gather these days most people would just use a mobile phone so they can save some time and money by not replacing the battery

^^ The beeps can be annoying

Most VOIP products will not work in the event of a power outage as the modem connects to the sip server. As @InfinityPlusTwo has advised, it really depends on your requirement. If it is a new install there should be a warrentee period on the battery however as NBN States Backup Battery unit is now optional, So it really depends on your specific needs .

If it is outside of the warentee period you can always go to your local battery shop with the existing battery and ask for a new one. Ive seen some range from $50 - 80. 

If you purchase one make sure you save your receipt and ask about the warentee period of that battery for the retailer.

Regards,

Wayne

[ Edit: Additional comments]

kazakovdp
Level 2

Hi. I have NBN back up unit beeping, LED indicates bad battery. My NBN connecion originally was done through DODO and there was no back up unit, but later, when I switch to TPG, your team insisted that without NBN back up unit connection is not possible and organised NBN tech to install back up unit. Can you replace the battery now or revert to original state? I do not have life support or land line in my house at all.