TPG Community

Get online support

Netflix issue with landline

SOLVED Go to solution
Fang
Level 2

Since December, Netflix is not streaming on my Smart TV and Blu-ray players using TPG NBN with Netcomm NF12 (stops at 25% when loading), but streams if I access it via my mobile phone as a wi-fi hotspot. I have contacted Netflix, TPG and the device manufacturers who all point the finger at each other. I have done all the suggestions in the community article on Netflix troubleshooting of 23 May 2018. Can anybody help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fang
Level 2

Hi Basil

FYI. Your static DNS suggestion back in February did not work and I did not reply then as I had trouble resetting my TPG community password. The password reset links did not work and after several attempts I gave up.

About a week ago, ignoring TPG helpline advice that my modem was working well, I:

• tried the only upgrade available for my Netcomm NF12 modem - image error message appeared, and
  • then reset the modem to factory settings and ran the upgrade.

Result 

• Netflix and YouTube icons appeared on the internet services screens on all problem devices mentioned in my query.
  • Netlflix and YouTube work well on all devices bar one which stalls as it loads Netflix. 
  • The other internet services which the devices could access, albeit slowly, definitely load faster.
  • My laptop seems to access internet sites faster.

All good news. Any chance of a new modem?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Fang,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have seen that you were able to contact our Tech team with the issue.

We just need to confirm, did you try to use Netflix on your mobile phone that is connected to the TPG internet? Was it working or not?

Have you also tried to manually configure the DNS of the Netcomm NF12 router to 203.12.160.35 for Primary DNS and 203.12.160.36 for Secondary DNS? If not, are you able to try it?

Will be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Fang
Level 2

Hi Basil

FYI. Your static DNS suggestion back in February did not work and I did not reply then as I had trouble resetting my TPG community password. The password reset links did not work and after several attempts I gave up.

About a week ago, ignoring TPG helpline advice that my modem was working well, I:

• tried the only upgrade available for my Netcomm NF12 modem - image error message appeared, and
  • then reset the modem to factory settings and ran the upgrade.

Result 

• Netflix and YouTube icons appeared on the internet services screens on all problem devices mentioned in my query.
  • Netlflix and YouTube work well on all devices bar one which stalls as it loads Netflix. 
  • The other internet services which the devices could access, albeit slowly, definitely load faster.
  • My laptop seems to access internet sites faster.

All good news. Any chance of a new modem?

Riezl

Hi @Fang, if you are still using the Netcomm NF12, which was provided way back 2016, we'd like to set your expectation that we are unable to replace this as this is no longer under warranty.

We have PM'd you the option on how to get a new router from us.

We'll wait for your decision. Thank you.