TPG Community

Get online support

PPP3 LCP Down (Constant Disconnections) UN: xxxxxxx

jackmorris1804
Level 4

Hi,

As context, this is the 4+ issue I have had with TPG NBN (HFC) this present year (refer to my posts on TPG Community 07/02/2019 & 11/03/2019 for two of these mentioned issues). Numerous NBN technicians have visited my premises to try and fix my connection, however, the issue is not involved with the hardware within my premises. Rather, is involved with the exterior connection. During my previous inquiries with TPG NBN, I have asked for my contract to be cancelled as the service provided is far from adequate due to service provided, but also due to the numerous issues that have occurred. 

Presently, I am receiving constant disconnections (was also happening during my inquiry on the 11/03/2019) and is not allowing myself to perform the tasks that I intend to do. The following screenshot that I have provided shows a quick snapshot of how often these disconnections are occurring. As I intend to use my NBN service primarily during the night hours of the day, I cannot do as I intend resulting in myself switching to mobile data (an extra cost to myself). 

I do not intend to speak with the TPG NBN engineering department as they simply do not know what they are doing in regard to fixing this issue. Rather, I intend on speaking to someone that can assist me in cancelling my current contract so that I can switch to a provider that will offer a sufficient service. Although I have been told in the past that my connection is sufficient with regular 200+ ping and regular disconnections, this is simply not reasonable. If I cannot speak to someone within the power of resolving this issue, I will be contacting the Ombudsman as soon as possible as my money is being wasted on a service that is falsely advertising what is provided. 

11 REPLIES 11
Shane

Hi @jackmorris1804,

We apologize for the delay and understand you feel that your connection issue you raised last month was not  resolved. We checked the history of the previous escalated issue 10/Mar/19.

Based on our Engineering Team's log, we sent NBN Technician to replace the NBN box on your premises last 13th of March 2019. After the appointment our Engineers contacted you to confirm if the issue has been fixed after the replacement of the NBN box unfortunately you're unreachable.

Our Engineering Team we're able to contact you 19/Mar/19 and you confirmed that the issue has been fixed.

On the other hand, we just ran an initial test to your service and it shows connected for 23h 57m and no dropouts reported on the line. For additional reference, can you please confirm on which device(s) do you experience getting a latency issue and dropouts ?

We will treat this as a complaint and we'll escalate this to one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager for further handling and investigation. You will be contacted once assessment is done after 24-48hrs via phone call or email.

Regards,

jackmorris1804
Level 4

Hello.

Yes, they replaced the NBN box and when I had the chance to answer the call from the TPG Engineering team I had only tested the internet for a singular day as I was away from home in between that period. The issue is not present at all times during the day, some days it is constantly dropping out every hour (like the image that I attached last night) and other days it isn't present or only occurs a handful of times.

The issue is present on all devices. The internet connection to the router is simply not present. So, it doesn't matter whether a device is connected via an ethernet cable or connected via WiFi. These devices include PC's, phones, laptops, Google devices. 

If there is any other information you require that I have not presented, feel free to ask as this service is simply not good enough.

Jack

Shane

Hi @jackmorris1804,

Thanks for the additional. We will pass this on to our Team for additional reference. This case is now under assessment by one of our Complaints Resolution Case Manager you will receive an update via email or a phone call once assessment is done.

Cheers!

jackmorris1804
Level 4

Hi,

I am also wondering why my NBN service has been dropped down in speed tonight after disconnecting (the usual PPP3 LCP DOWN issue). Please see the attached image for reference. The PP3 LCP Down issue occurred at 11:01, and now my speed is nearly 50% of the normal and advertised (key emphasis on advertised as this is another example of misleading advertising).

The attached image was performed with no devices on the internet. 

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

BasilDV

Hi @jackmorris1804,

Thanks for update.

We understand that the account is being monitored by our Engineering team. We'll chase this with them and have someone to contact you within the day to check your service further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

jackmorris1804
Level 4

Hi,

Unsurprisingly, my TPG NBN (HFC) connection is still not as advertised and I am still yet to receive word on what is happening. If somebody that remotely has any idea what is going on and isn't going to give me the, "We're going to monitor this over the next few days" or "I will pass this onto the engineering team", could give me a call that would be great. I will be emailing the required information in order to cancel my current contract with TPG with no cancellation fee. If that cannot be done correctly and efficiently, the TIO will be contacted next about the 4+ issues I have had this year. PLEASE SEE IMAGE ATTACHED FOR MORE INFO

BasilDV

Hi @jackmorris1804,

No provider would wish to cause inconvenience to their customers. We will notify your case manager that the issue persists and to seek for a resolution through our Senior Engineers.

We'll advise them to contact you within the day to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Will

Hi @jackmorris1804

Our records show that a Sr Engineer was able to contact you earlier today. Based on the notes, it was discussed that the service is working within specs and though you are getting minimal dropouts, the service itself remains to be usable.

As was explained to you, given the current infrastructure, this is the best service that we can provide you.

Let me know if you still have other concerns that we need to look into.

Regards,

phsu1688
Level 2

Was this resolved eventually?

I am getting the same issue since starting of the service 19/Sep/2019. 4 weeks already.