TPG Community

Get online support

Plan upgrade uninformed charges

Highlighted
Level 1

Hi, I recently requested to upgrade my plan. I was told that my contract will be intact and nothing will change. No one informed me that I will be charged setup fee again just like fresh installation. If you going to charge me $99 bucks everytime I change my plan, I am not sure if I want to stay with TPG after my contract is over. Can someone clarify here that why I was charged setup fee of $99 for just a plan upgrade?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Hi @varundroid,

Welcome to the community!

Here are few FAQs about NBN plan upgrade.

1) The change of plan fee (same location) is $0 ?

• Yes, there's no charge for changing your NBN plan.

2) When would be the best time in the current month to enable the upgrade or should I upgrade it next month?

• You may process the change of plan anytime you want, since any unused portion of your current billing will be used towards the new plan.

4) My current equipment is working perfectly and therefore would I require an equipment upgrade?

• No, the equipment does not require any changes for plan upgrade.

5) How to process my upgrade? How long it will take?

• The usual activation of the new plan may take within 4 to 24 hours once it was lodged.

We did an article that you may find helpful, see this link, Changing NBN Plans through My Account.

In this particular case, we've seen that the NBN Plan change was done in the middle of billing cycle there was no additional charge it happened that a new billing cycle was generated ( For March 27 to april 26 ) this happen since TPG bill 7 days in advance to avoid service interruption. You'll also notice a prorated charge for Feb 27 - March 26 which is for previous billing cycle.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to search community for help or chat with us at https://www.tpg.com.au/support/contact/  and we'd be glad to assist you.

Cheers!