TPG Community

Get online support

Port Forwarding on the HG 659

AshenShugar
Level 2

Hello i'm on my 2nd HG 659 and on either of them i have been unable to get port forwarding working. I have followed previous threads about this the machine in question is on a static IP. Any suggestions cause I have other games that i cannot play with friends cause of these issues.

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @AshenShugar,

Welcome to the community!

Can you upload the screen shot on this thread? I'm unable to view your attached image.

And If you can post the screen shot settings of your port forwarding I can have it checked.

Regards,

AshenShugar
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I have attached the screenshots to the first post as per requested. Thanks for looking into this with me. I have a 8 port switch attached to the HG659. I also tried connecting the machine in question directly to the router.

Shane

Hi Ashen,

Thanks for the details. Can you try to visit this Port Forwarding on the HG 659 link.

Let me know if this will help.

Cheer

AshenShugar
Level 2

I had already tried that myself. The 2 machines in question are both on static IP'. I have done the suppplied steps with no results.

Shane

Hi @AshenShugar,

I'd like to confirm if you're trying to connect a 3rd party device (router/modem). On HG 659.

Regards,

AshenShugar
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I have a netgear 8 port witch connected to the modem. All my devices are connected to that switch. What I have been finding is when i set a dedicated IP they will loose internet connection. I have also seen the static IP change itself in DHCP reservation as I have always used 192.168.1.3 for my plex/file server but now just checking it is 192.168.1.2.

Can you please recommend a alternative modem as honestly this thing is junk.

orbistat
Level 8

Hi AshenShugar,

I've had the situation in the past with a Netgear GS108 switch that had locked up it's MAC table and required a reboot to clear it, try also temporarily killing the firewall in both the HG659 and the PC or Mac.

AshenShugar
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions i'll try all the above.