TPG Community

Get online support

Really S L O W ADSL2+ Bundoora Exchange VIC

SOLVED Go to solution
MeHere
Level 2

Thought it was just me, but from the number of other posts here, looks like TPG has some serious network problems at the moment.

Since Sunday getting internet that has been completely unreliable and so slow it reminds me of dial up internet days I thought were long gone.

Running SpeedTest from actual site www.speedtest.net if I'm really lucky it runs, but most of the time it doesn't even start or stops halfway (uploading crashes saying there is a problem and can't complete the test).

Pings from 29 - 100+ms (I'd take 29ms right now, though discord reporting pings of 400+ms to West Coast US and not connecting calls), download between 1Mbs - 9Mbs (9 is very rare, but has happened) Upload test 95% of time is failing as does the whole test - unfortunately I can't get the results for failed tests!!

When it is working getting 0.07Mbs - 1Mbs. Just tried to run it again, and even the TPG test is now failing!!!! (See Attached - For results when it actually runs).

This has been an ongoing issue since Sunday, and only sort of worked ok on Tuesday, other wise it has been awful this week.

Please fix ASAP!!

MH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @MeHere,

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Technician last 28th of July and confirmed that the service is now working fine.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @MeHere,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see what causes slow connection on your service.

I tried to use your Community Details to pull up the account unfortunately no luck.

Kindly PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or contact number associated with the account).

Also I'd like to confirm if you're using Laptop/Desktop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable.

Cheers!

MeHere
Level 2
PM'd you with my details. Probably should ignore the post I re-submitted 30 mins ago as I didn't think this post worked yesterday.
Shane

Hi @MeHere,

Thanks for sending me your details. I ran initial tests on your service and it seems now back on it's normal speed and connected for 36m.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

MeHere
Level 2

I don't think so.

Just tried to reply and got an error (page wouldn't load) trying to reply to this message.

Ran TPGs speedtest, result is attached.

Monitor for longer, as very occasionally it works OK, but then is rubbish 5-10mins later.

I never said I wasn't connected, how would I have posted this if I wasn't?

The issue is the connection and speed is unreliable and slow and it was not like this before last weekend.

Cheers

MH

PS. There are too many posts on this forum & ProductReview.com for this to be an isolated issue. Not sure what has happened by I've been a customer for I'd say 10+ years (and TPG has never been this bad).

Shane

Thanks for the additional details.

I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians tomorrow for further tests and investigation.

I'd like to get your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

Regards,

MeHere
Level 2

PM'd you details.

Cheers

MH

MeHere
Level 2

Shane,

Have a look at my usage for the last two weeks.

First 2 days of this current period, I was connected for 23+ hours, since 21 July been lucky to hold a connection for 1 hour.

Something is not right!!

Cheers

MH

Shane

Thanks for sending me your details. I will take pass this to the assigned technicians for additional reference.

We'll talk to you tomorrow.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @MeHere,

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Technician last 28th of July and confirmed that the service is now working fine.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!