TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ speeds

Russcoj
Level 2

Hi

Since moving to our new house in a strata complex we have noticed our internet speeds have dropped alot from previous residents. Could I get some one to check our system please. You cant play a game and have one person on netflix without stop starts.

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Russcoj,

I ran initial tests on your service and it shows a possible line fault causing slow connection on the line. However, for a standalone ADSL2+ service we need to confirm if you're having difficulty using your home phone service as it will affect your internet service with TPG.

If you're having static, noise or no dial tone on your home phone, I recommend to raise this with the Home phone provider for further investigation. I will wait for your response. Cheers!

Russcoj
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Telstra phone line and no dial tone. Will see to that first and get back to you.

Shane

Let me know how it will go, @Russcoj. 😊

Shane

Hi @Russcoj,

Thanks for keeping me posted. I can see an improvement on the line and the speed of 8.5Mbps for the download is passing. I am glad that it has been rectified, let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!