TPG Community

Get online support

Slow connection and constant drop outs

elangovb
Level 2

Hello Team,

Recent months my internet connection is getting a lot of drop outs and slow speeds.

Can you please check and see if what is going on? During last call, the person checked and told that connection and speed is fine at the time of testing but after that it started the issue again.

The connection doesn't seem to be stable and drops out frequently.

I have tried turning my modem (DSL-2730B) on and off, unplugging it for 10 minutes as well doing a factory reset on the modem and a firmware upgrade but nothing works.

I also don't have any telephones connected or other internet lines. While running the speedtest on my mobile (by OOKLA) it showing 1.2mbps for download and 0.3mbps for upload many times and often it says ERROR- " Test failed to complete. Check your internet connection and try again". also When internet working, it shows 2.5 to 3.5 mbps for download and 0.5-0.7 mbps for upload.

Please check and resolve this issue as earliy as possible.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @elangovb,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and ran initial test. Result, shows your service has been connected for 15h 44m and getting a passing speed on the line.

I would like to confirm if the slow connection speed occurs on your wireless device(s) such as Smartphones, Laptop connected via Wi-Fi.

If yes, please try to run a speed test using a desktop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable and post the test result here. This will help us to identify the issue.

You can also visit our posted articles about wireless connection please see links below.

Let us know how it will go cheers!

elangovb
Level 2

Thanks Shane,

As per Technical support advise, i reset and reconfigured the modem and connected to internet.

I will monitor the performance for a week period and reply you.

Note: Earlier,the speed was getting slow & connection drops from the laptop, even i connected with ethernet cable.

Shane

You're welcome, @elangovb.

I'd like to confirm if the speed improved after you reset and re-configure the modem. Would you mind posting the speed test result for reference?

Cheers!

elangovb
Level 2

please find the attached snip for the speedtest from my mobile and you can find the speed is improved after re-configured the modem. (after 5:40pm from 20-Jan-2019)
Thanks again.

Shane

Hi @elangovb,

Thanks! We'll keep an eye on your connection and in case you will experience connection difficulties feel free to open a thread here in our community.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!