TPG Community

Get online support

Slow connection and drop outs

ryanphilip
Level 2
Getting really slow connection and constant drop outs. Just ran a test and got the following:
Ping 70ms
Downloads 1.8mbps
Uploads 0.4mbps

Are these normal results?
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @ryanphilip,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and ran initial tests,

Test result shows the service is connected for 3weeks 6d 6h 26m and getting a passing speed on the line.

I assume the speed test result is done via Wireless Device, have you tried to run a speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN?

Please post the speed test result on this thread. On the other hand, we did an article that will help you increase the wireless connection speed of your service.

You can visit this link. Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home.

Tell me how it will go.

Regards,

vgolfer
Level 2

I'm getting super slow connection at home as well. Has happened the past cou-ple of nights. Has been OK during the day. Getting terrible speed tests. Around 1mbps

Edit...just ran a speedtest now (6:10pm) and it's OK. Will edit if any change.

Shane

Hi @vgolfer,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We’d really like to have a better understanding of what’s happening with your service and see what can be done to get your connection up and running as it should be . Please PM me your username so we can investigate further.

In case you will experience another slow connection kindly run a speed test and post the test result on this thread for additional reference.

Cheers!